Chapter 34: Bridge Duty

"The bridge isn't working," Ratchet announced once everyone important (not Megatron) was present. "The minerals on this planet and the leftovers from other projects simply aren't enough."

Megatronus nodded. "Which is why we need to commandeer the Autobot spacebridge."

"To strip it for parts?" Arcee asked.

"No, to get parts from Cybertron," Knockout corrected. "Of course, it is a wasteland, but we have a better chance building from matter there than we do with our Earth materials."

"Sorry I couldn't be of more help," Agent Fowler spoke from the monitor. "But the things you guys ask for is beyond my planet's limits."

"You've done more than enough," Optimus assured him.

Temptest cracked her knuckles. "When are we going?"

Airachnid frowned. "Wouldn't we have to find it first?"

"No need," Temptest huffed. "Soundwave is the one who built it, the Autobots just stole it. We know exactly where it is. It's just under heavy surveillance."

"We'll still have the element of surprise," Megatronus informed them. "We just need to secure it before the Autobots get there, if someone isn't there already."

Optimus nodded. "I believe we have the manpower to hold them off long enough for Ratchet, Soundwave, and Knockout to find what they need."

"I'll go with them," Airachnid volunteered. "I would be more useful watching the skies for them than fighting close combat in a cave."

"Your burrowing ability would make you an asset underground as well," Megatronus gestured to the tunnels around them. "Are you sure?"

"Positive," Airachnid nodded.

Temptest scowled. "I thought you quit."

The spider-femme frowned. "I'm back."

Optimus turned to them. "We need a group to stay near the entrance and alert us when the Autobots show up. Everyone else will stay with the spacebridge to assit the others. Finally, one bot will need to stay with the groundbridge."

"Airachnid would have done it," Megatronus looked around, "but Temptest can do it instead."

Temptest immediately objected. "I'm a combatant!"

"We need someone to watch the bridge."

"Have Bumblebee do it!" Temptest demanded. "He's a grounder and less helpful."

"Bumblebee is our fastest asset. Optimus alt. mode is required to transport materials. Megatronus is our best combatant. Arcee's fighting skills are suited to the target environment. Everyone else with be on Cybertron." Soundwave stated. "Your fighting style causes too much damage in an enclosed space and would result in the reduction of structural integrity within the confines. You are best suited to man the bridge."

Temptest's face burned with embarrassment. What he was saying is that she is basically useless. Ugh. If Airachnid had just stayed here, she could have helped on the Cybertron Team. She crossed her arms and looked away in silent defeat.

"Now that that's settled," Megatronus pointed to the screen. "We have several target areas to raid on Cybertron. You'll need to be here, here, and here. These places are likely to be the most preserved from bombs and technologically advanced. The only problem is that before our ship blew up, we received quite a few movement reports. Scraplets, maybe, or Autobot sentries."

"I'll keep an optic out," Airachnid assured him.

"Good," Megatronus nodded. "Because we're leaving tonight."