Chapter 44: Plans

"We need to make a move," Wheeljack argued. "Megatron has been MIA since everyone returned from the other dimension. If he isn't cleaning up whatever problems sprouted in his absence, he's working on something that will screw us over."

Bumblebee leaned forward. "We can't attack him if we can't find him. I'm all for offense, but this is a waiting game."

Ratchet pointed at Temptest. "As long as we have the weird interdimensional kid, we have bargaining power. We can lure Megatron out."

"That's unacceptable," Arcee scoffed. "Temptest nearly died just a few days ago. We can't put her back on the field."

"No, I'm ready," Temptest announced. "Ratchet says I'm healed, and with Bumblebee out of commission, there is a greater need for combative movements. I've got backup comms and trackers, so I would be the best option."

"You said you didn't want to be bait," Bulkhead pointed out.

Temptest nodded. "Megatron already fell for that. He won't take the bait again. If we're doing anything, I vote we figure out Ultra Magnus."

"He's not a fake," Wheeljack growled. "It's really obvious, how can nobody see that? The dude threw himself in a cell."

"To avoid anyone noticing suspicious behaviors?" Arcee suggested. "It'd be the smart move."

"And besides, Megatron is the bigger threat," Ratchet argued. "He's not locked up in our cell right now. He's an active threat and now we know his weakness."

Bumblebee objected. "He might have saved Temptest, but we can't know his reasoning behind that. There may have been another cause and we are not risking her life."

"What do you think?" Arcee asked, looking at Temptest.

"I don't know," Temptest crossed her arms. "He gives off a lot of mixed vibes. He could be playing any number of games. Either way, I'm not working as bait until we've determined Ultra Magnus's identity."

"We can do both," Wheeljack proposed.

Temptest crossed her arms. "My team needs me more than your team does. I'd rather get back to them than spend my time trying to fight your war."

"And if Ultra Magnus turns out to be the real deal, you'll have wasted everyone's time. If anyone knows what happened between the Magnuss, it's Megatron," Ratchet said. "He was there. He dealt the killing blow."

"You want us to talk to him or beat him up?" Arcee demanded.

"Obviously beat him up," Ratchet huffed. "But Megatron is so prideful that he'd probably spill all the answers if we asked. Then we proceed to physical violence."

Optimus finally unfolded his servos and cleared his throat, bringing the conversation to a halt as he decided it was time to make a decision.

"Any attack we make that results in a direct conflict with Megatron will be dangerous, but I believe we should try to speak with him. He may prove to be an ally against a common foe," Optimus explained. "Consequently, we need to settle the situation with Ultra Magnus. He cannot stay locked in the cell forever."

"You want us to team up with him?" Bumblebee demanded angrily. "Again!?"

Optimus tilted his helm. "Perhaps less of an ally and more of a tool. If we are able to recover the transdimensional relic, we can work together with the other Decepticons. Megatron and the other Optimus have already proven that they can no longer work together. We can use their adversarial connection to our advantage."

"Stronger together," Temptest agreed. "With two teams versus one team at a time, we could finish the war off in half the time."

"We could also be stranded in the wrong dimensions while whichever warlord we've ignored wrecks the other planet," Arcee pointed out. "We are lucky Megatron didn't take advantage of our absence last time."