Chapter-39

Author's pov.
Flashback 5 years ago.

"Mahira come fast, we're getting late". Ivaan shouts at his sister.

"Coming brother". His sister, mahira, shouts back.

"You've been saying the same thing for half an hour now". Ivaan shouts.

"I'm ready". Mahira says coming downstairs.

They both are going for shopping as it's Mahira's birthday in two days.

"Come on let's go". She says sitting in the passenger seat.

Ivaan starts to drive while Mahira kept blabbering things about how she wants to celebrate her birthday as she was turning seventeen and Ivaan just smiles at her.

Ivaan- the ruthless person who just smiles Infront of his only sister. Mahira being the youngest in the family, is always pampered by her elder brother.
To him, she is his world. But he didn't know that his world is going to crush the next moment.

He was looking at his sister stopping her from changing the song while a truck came in their car's direction.
As Ivaan saw the truck, he panicked and turned the car sideways but luck was not in his side.

His car hit a girl walking there but the car didn't stop.
He tried to stop the car but the brakes failed and the car stopped when it hit a tree.
They both had injuries but somehow they survived at that moment and sighed.
Only to see the car was hanging at the cliff from sideways.
Mahira started to panic and says.

"Bhaiiiii please, I...... it's going to fall down. We're going to die".

"Do-don't....worr...worry. Nothing will happen. I'll get down first and then I'll get you out, don't worry". He says trying to sound calm but failing at it.

He slowly got down the car as his side was on the road.
When he forwarded his hand to Mahira, a stone fell off the cliff which was the car's only support, and car fell off the cliff too, as well as the girl present in the car.

"MAHIRAAAA". Ivaan shouts on top of his lungs.
He tried to look down the cliff but all he saw was fire and black smoke.

Before he could think of anything, his head started to spin because of his injuries and he passes out.
.
.
.
When he get his consciousness back, he was laying on a hospital bed.
He tried to get up from the bed but his mother stopped him while crying her eyes out.

"Mom, dad.....the ca... car, ma.. Mahira.....cliff". Ivaan says not forming the words.

"We know Ivaan we know. She.......she is no more. Police tried everything to find the body but all they found were ashes". His father says while having tears in his eyes.

"What.......I.....i destroyed everything. I took a person's....life. I took my....my own sister's life. I ruined everything........ I....". Ivaan says crying his heart out.

"Ivaan, it's been a week now, it's not just your Mahira, you hit a girl with your car, she is in the same hospital but she has lost all her memories due to the accident. And Police can't find her family anywhere, what should we do now?". Armaan, his brother, says with nothing but anger in his eyes.

Armaan never liked Mahira as well Ahaan because they knew she wasn't the ideal girl she pretended to be. She was a bully. She used to abuse students in her school cause she was a spoiled princess. Always showing off the wealth which was never hers.
She even recorded a vulgar video of a girl just because she was smart than her and it went viral and due to that, the girl took her own life.
But his brother aka Ivaan Chaudhary never knew.
Armaan and Ahaan tried to tell him but he was blind by his sister's love. He never listened anything against her which made her more I'll-mannered.