Six

Trevor's POV;

~ Miles Manor ~

"Yo, brother! Finally, said it!" Taylor jumped over my back and swumg his arms over my shoulders from behind. "How was it?"

How was what!? I frowned.

"What? You clinging on to me like some marsupial?" I asked, he let go of me and I saw him rolling his eyes when I turned to look at him. "What's with that expression?"

"You're no fun, brother. I wonder how Cheryll's gonna live with you after marriage, her life's gonna be boring and miserable." He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Isn't that what we want? To make her pay for that night at the club?"

"Right..." He scratched the back of his head, then sighed. "All right, now that she thinks you like her, what's our next move?"

I thought for a while. Cheryll and our friends think that Taylor is to fly to Asia soon. It was a part of the plan to let them know about Taylor's flight and now we'd have to play along with what has been said.

"Our next move will be that Taylor Miles will be flying to Asia tomorrow and will be back only after 5 months." I gave him a knowing smirk.

"So I'd only be returning on the day Trevor Miles gets married to Cheryll Smith, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, this way she wouldn't have the chance to see us together before the wedding."

"Understood, no wandering on the streets without purpose hereafter." He said to himself while smiling like he's already got what he wanted.

I don't understand him sometimes.

I shook my head at him and ruffled his hair lovingly. We're identical twins and were born with only a minute's gap between each other, but he treats me like I'm his elder by a year, or two. I don't know if it's because I'd such a vibe, or if he actually yearned for elderly affection and care.

I'd always gone with the second option when it came to this, because when we were kids, dad would go to office and mom too would get busy by his side. Though they took time to spend with us, it was only me and Taylor most of the time. Maybe because he wanted to be taken care of, or that I was too interested in playing a father, I got into the role eventually and let Taylor treat me like this. Because I'd no problem in pampering him either.

I'd no problem in beating the sh*t out of those people who hurt him. I'd no problem in letting him ride on my back even if we were of the same height and weight. I'd no problem in giving him what ever he desired.

He's my everything.

"Go to bed, you must be tired." I patted his cheek. He nodded and jogged upstairs to his room.

I sat on the couch for a while and went through some documents. An hour later, I went to my room and sat on the bed with the laptop. I logged into my social media account and tried searching for Cheryll, but found nothing.

She's quite mysterious. Maria had told us that Cheryll's parents are no more and it's been 5 years since she's on her own. All we knew about her was that she's depended on scholarships for studies and works in a small bakery, the pay from which makes up for her living.

But what didn't add up was that she owned a flat at the D Block Apartments. To own a flat there isn't a big deal, but isn't easy either and for someone like Cheryll, it should've cost her the fortune of a lifetime.

It's possible that her parents had brought it for her when they were alive, but I didn't get the answer when I tried to get more information on it. All I found was that the flat was brought 5 years ago and the payment was made using cash so there were no leads as to where that money came from.