Ten

Trevor's POV;

~ Miles Manor ~

"How can one have so much pain buried in their heart?" I found asking myself

After hearing Cheryll, I felt like the world had crumbled down to dust. Every word she spoke was heavy, dripping with pain and the part where she said she despied me had completely shattered me, I felt like my heart was being sliced into pieces with a scalpel. And I thought I deserve to be in pain for hurting her like this, though I don't know why I felt this way. I knew from the start that this would happen, now it didn't make sense for me to empathise with her.

Strangely enough, I found myself wanting to console her and assure her that I'd set things straight, but being the jerk that I was, I proceeded to make a deal with her and with what? Money? When I knew very well that she yearned love and affection after having lost her parents before 5 years.

And what did she mean by having once betrayed by a business minded person?

I didn't understand it, but whatever it was, wasn't good and me and Taylor had only worsened it. Taylor was the one who came up with the scheme, but he's not to be blamed. Because I know if I hadn't agreed to it then all this would never have happened.

She was constantly asking for forgiveness earlier and I couldn't help, but wonder why she was saying sorry when it was me who'd caused her trouble. The accident in the kitchen just now was my fault too. She was zoned out and I knew she was thinking about what'd happened with her in just 5 months.

Her life's ruined and I'm responsible for it!

The door bell rang and I walked over to open it. Maria was standing there, wearing a pink strapless dress that stopped just above her knees, her shoes, a pair of high heels which were about some five inches long. Looking at her like this reminded me of how Cheryll dressed. Her clothes are never revealing, be it in terms of the thickness of the material, or its length. She made sure she's covered from down her neck to above her ankles and I've never seen her in heels, her shoes were all flats.

"Where's she!? I'm not gonna settle till she agrees to come to the ___" Maria ranted loudly till I cut her off.

"Silence!" She flinched, but immediately shut her mouth. Then I lowered my voice too. "She's injured and wouldn't be able to go with you anywhere."

"Injured?" Maria frowned, then grinned. "You went rough?"

This girl!

"You seriously think that she'd suddenly be okay with that? Her discomfort is still a lingering fact, Maria." I sighed in frustration.

"Then why's she injured?" She enquired.

I told her what happened in the kitchen, but left the part where Cheryll was running away from me. I then took her up to my room and she saw Cheryll sleeping. Suddenly Maria turned to look at me as if trying to read my mind.

"What?" I rolled my eyes. "She was lost in some serious thought that she didn't realise her hand was about to touch the flame,"

"You don't know what she was thinking about?" Maria asked.

I do know, but cannot tell you.

"No, she was like this from last night." I said.

"Maybe she's missing someone." Maria pondered.

Missing who? She's not herself after learning the truth behind her marriage to me!

"Who'd she miss?" I asked the psychology graduate in front of me.