Eleven

Cheryll's POV;

~ City General Hospital ~

"Is this mandatory? Because I don't think I can do it in a week's time." I groaned.

"You can Cher, plus they're about to give out cash prizes for the best model in the exhibition!" Vincent exclaimed in excitement.

"As if I care about the money more than my health, Vinci. To get it done in a week means I'd have to forget about rest." I said.

There was this exhibition held in a week where the interested will be presenting and explaining working models which they'd have to make and Vincent wants me to participate because the cash prize he mentioned about is said to be a huge sum, though we don't know how much it really is.

"Look Cher, you don't care about money and I know that very well, but seeing that you haven't told Trevor your secret yet, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of spending on it from what you save and because you're now married to the country's top billionaire, you cannot continue working in that bakery, may I ask how you're planning to pay the bills without earning, or without letting Trevor suspect?" Vincent asked.

He was right about that. I was about to talk to Trevor on our wedding night about the secret that Vincent referred to, but because that Trevor wasn't this Trevor, I'd no choice but to keep it to myself. I'd simply told Vincent that I'm not ready to talk to my husband about it and also asked him to keep it for me for now. Vincent though reluctant, agreed. Because it wasn't his to tell anyways, I decide who knows and who doesn't.

Why'd I go tell someone who deceived me when even my best friend doesn't know about this?

"Okay, sign up for me. I'll try my best." I agreed.

"That's the Cher I know now!" He smiled and took to fill the form for me.

"If there's nothing else, then I'll leave." I asked him.

"Nothing else, you head home." He said.

I nodded and walked out. It's been a few days since the wedding and that accident in the kitchen. My feet are now healed, but the new skin that's replacing the dead, burnt one shows badly, so I wear socks when I go out now, even if it's just flats that I'm wearing.

I was about to step out of the hospital when Maria ran into me from behind.

"Sorry!" She automatically exclaimed.

"Hi to you too." I snorted.

"Oh, it's you." She laughed.

"Yeah. Done with the day?" I asked.

"Yup! Where're you heading to? Home?"

"No, to my apartment to retrieve my car. I couldn't leave the house before to get it because of my feet." I glanced down at my feet.

My car means a lot to me, though it's nowhere near the cheapest one in Trevor's garage. I bought it with my own savings and won't abandon it just because I now have access to many expensive ones.

Yeah, Trevor told me I could take any car from the garage, but I refused. Not only because I was mad at him, but also because I shouldn't be roaming around in them when I want to maintain a low-profile.

So my dear car, here I come.

"I'll go with you." Maria said and we hailed a taxi to my apartment.

~ D Block Apartments ~

I took Maria up to the 45th floor were I used to live, because she wanted to use the toilet. The flat was all empty now, but still it gave off a homely vibe. I've lived here for 5 years on my own and had memories in every corner of the house.