Twenty Two

Trevor's POV;

~ The City Club ~

"Nothing at al..." Fiona answered me, but her sentence trailed when she saw her best friend. "Oh my god, Rylls! What happened!?" She worried and left her seat to get to Cheryll.

She was dizzy and her eyes were blood red, her breathing came out in breaks. I was worried as hell when I saw her, the others were all talking and laughing and Fiona's reaction now said that they hadn't noticed the change in Cheryll till I came in.

I was on the call with that jewellery designer and saw Daniel keeping an eye on me. When I got off the call and asked Daniel what he was doing, he told me Cheryll sent him here with a lie that I wanted him to join me and she did that because of the current situation we were in. To keep me safe from whoever was after my life.

That she'd been thinking about me even while enjoying, made me happy and I walked back to our private booth with a wide smile, only to find her like this.

"Cher, what did you have?" Maria too rushed over.

"Just the juice... I think someone from the bar mixed up the orders and brought us an alcohol spiked drink." Cheryll replied.

"Alcohol doesn't have such effects, Rylls..." Fiona frowned.

"Maybe it's because I'm not used to it... I'll be fine, just need to sleep it off..." She said with her now slurry words and stood up.

The movement undoubtedly messed with her head and in an attempt to hold on to something for support, Cheryll knocked the tray our drinks were in, spilling everything on the floor.

"Be careful!" Maria supported Cheryll and led her away from the shattered glasses.

"I'm so sorry!" Cheryll looked at Morgan. He just sighed.

Right, I forgot he despises her.

"Trevor, take her home." Fiona said.

I raked my hand through my head and reached for Cheryll. Holding her close, I realised she was sweaty, I narrowed my eyes.

Does alcohol really does this to those who are not used to it?

"Sorry to leave like this." I regarded everyone.

"It's okay, take care of her." Maria said.

"Fiona, how will you..." Cheryll's words slurred again.

Fiona hadn't come in her car, she and Vincent had come together. Seeing that Vincent had left, Fiona would probably have to take a taxi. I couldn't help, but smile despite the situation.

Cheryll cared deeply for her loved ones. Even in her dazed state, she was worried about how Fiona was going to get home.

"Daniel..." I looked at him.

I didn't want to burden him with my problems, but I can't leave Cheryll now and Maria will obviously be with her fiancé now that she and Morgan are engaged, so we can't ruin the night for them either.

"I'll drop her." He assured me, I gave him a grateful smile.

"I'll manage on my own..." Fiona said.

"For my peace of mind...please go with him." Cheryll pleaded.

Fiona reluctantly agreed. I took Cheryll to her car and sat her in the passenger seat. I started the engine and we were off.

From the corner of my eyes, I caught her struggling to pull out a safety pin from her bag. When she got it in her hands, she pricked her thigh with it and grunted in pain.