Twenty Three

Cheryll's POV;

~ City General Hospital ~

"Okay, okay." Fiona blushed. I laughed hard. "Stop that!" She buried her face in her hands.

"You say you love the guy, yet call him mister!?" I laughed again.

"That's because he doesn't know I love him and I certainly don't know if he's already seeing someone, let alone if he's interested in me!" She groaned.

She just said she's pining for someone, when I asked his name she started with mister! And I'm laughing even before hearing his actual name.

"Tell me, tell me." I urged.

"Actually, I changed my mind. You aren't getting a word!" She stuck her tongue out at me then huffed before heading towards the examination hall.

Yeah, our finals start today. It's been 15 days since I turned twenty two, the day I ended up hurting myself while fighting the effects of the drug. Everybody thinks I was drunk, but no one except for Trevor and Mr. Reed knew of the scars that constantly remind me of how much more worse the day could've ended.

If I'd not found myself in Trevor's care that night, I'd most likely have been taken advantage of by some pervert. Thank god that I've been assisting senior doctors for a year now and have seen many girls being brought to the hospital in their drugged state. If not for that experience, I'd never have known what was happening with me and why.

Thinking about that still gave me the chills.

I masked my inner turmoil and ran after Fiona, laughing at her anger induced by pure demureness.

"Don't think too much about him, or you'll end up writing about him instead of the answers." I tapped her shoulder as I teased her.

"Look who's talking." She grinned. "You don't think much about your rich, handsome and extraordinarily built up hubby dear." She retorted.

"Extraordinarily built up?" I cringed.

She laughed now, I narrowed my eyes.

Why's she laughing!?

"Jealously is strange, isn't it?" She winked. It took me a moment to understand.

"Why'd I be jealous of someone talking about his physique, let alone my best friend!? He's my husband, I'm married to him!" It was my turn to stomp and walk away.

She was cackling like a crazy being. I didn't pay her attention and walked into the hall after showing my hall ticket to the invigilator and took my seat. Soon Fiona entered and shot a playful glance at me, I scowled, she stifled a laugh and went to the seat marked with her register number.

We were early in here, there were 20 more minutes left before the exam begins and my mind wandered off. To where? Myhubbydear. And yeah, I didn't intend to put space in between the words. I sighed.

I was scared of my feelings for him. I know this marriage is gonna end soon and we'd part ways, but the friendship between us was still there. I was uncertain of how I'll handle it with my feelings in tow.

While we're a couple, I get to express them when we're in public at least, but once we're divorced? The whole of the nation would know that the Trevor Miles is single again, then I'd have to suppress my emotions whenever he's around.

"Attention all. It's 9.45 am, sheets will be given to you now, you can start writing at sharp 10 when the first bell goes off. A second one will be rung at 11.30 am and a final one at 1 pm. If one completes the paper before the provided time, then stand in your place, I'll come collect it from you." Our invigilator announced, bringing me back to the hall from my dreamland. He swiftly moved across the hall, handing sheets to every student and took his place in front of the desk after he was done. "All the best, everyone." He then began his rounds around the hall as we started writing.