Twenty One

Cheryll's POV;

~ City General Hospital ~

"You sure?" I asked Vincent. "She's in the VIP ward, why'd anyone donate to a VIP?"

"Apparently, Mr. White did mention that to whoever donated, but the person insisted that this money be used only to treat alzheimer's and your mother is currently the only patient in the hospital with the ailment." He briefed. "They also said that just because someone's in the VIP ward doesn't have to mean they're well off and that their family might struggle to provide best treatment for them."

I went silent.

Was this just a coincidence that someone decides to donate for my mother's treatment when I choose to not study further so she gets the best?

"Talk to the director and get the person's details, Vinci." I asked of him.

"The person decidedly said that their identity not be revealed to any of the hospital staff, or even to the family members of the patient." He said. I sighed. "Don't think much, Cher. It's a sign that you should pursue your studies."

I smiled weakly at Vincent and took my leave, pondering over his words.

Was this really a sign?

Maybe it was. Some kind person who happens to be considerate enough to know even if someone's in a VIP ward can't possibly mean they're rich, decides to donate only for alzheimer's patients which happens to be my mother, thus giving me the opportunity to continue with my studies.

I looked up at the sky with a grateful smile playing on my lips. Though I've always believed that god's been kind to me, today felt like one of those times when his kindness showered upon me.

Thank you. I don't know how long she's gonna live for, all I wish for is to do my best for her till her last breath, give me the strength to do it.

I got to my car and drove to my next destination.

~ Miles Group ~

I placed a call across to Trevor while inside the car, waiting for him. He asked me to come in as he'd work which'd take at least half an hour more, so I went in while leaving my car in the employee parking space rather than the president's usual parking spot.

Mr. Reed received me at the top floor and escorted me to Trevor's personal office. I hesitated. Though I've been here a couple times before, this was the first time I'm stepping inside his office.

The others might've to get permission to enter, but since I'm his wife and Mr. Reed doesn't know the kind of relationship I and Trevor shared, he pushed the door open for me without even knocking to let Trevor know.

There he was, dressed in his grey, tailored suit, seated behind the desk, gaze fixed on the monitor of the computer with a small frown between his eyebrows as he read something from the screen. On hearing the door click open, he tore his gaze away from the screen and faced us.

Our gazes locked, suddenly his eyes lit up brightly as they turned crescent shaped because of how delightfully he was smiling.

Was he that happy to see me? I thought my presence would annoy him.

"Sorry for the trouble, I'll finish this quickly." He said.

"Uh, oh, it's okay. Work comes first..." I replied in my dazed state.

Get a hold of yourself, Cheryll.

"I'll take my leave," Mr. Reed left the office and I swear I saw him stifling a chuckle.