Seventeen

Cheryll's POV;

~ Miles Manor ~

"Yes, they're. As for the matters of heartbreak and the wounds it leaves behind, it takes longer to heal. So for the person to forgive you is almost a lost cause..." I answered him, knowing he was hinting at our situation. "...unless you're willing to earn it..." I added.

I wouldn't have added it, but something made me do so. He felt truly troubled ever since he learnt that I felt deceived and though I'd snapped at him for offering me money as compensation, I've grown to understand that it was his way to seek forgiveness, but I don't want his money. As long as he's really realised his mistake, a simple verbal apology was enough.

I could see the joy in his eyes as he made meaning out of my words and a flash of determination passed in his eyes which amused me.

"I'm relieved to know that I wouldn't have to die!" He feigned worry attempting to cheer me up, I laughed.

"Our society would lose too many personalities if you die!" I playfully exclaimed, but it was also true.

"And what're those?" He raised an eyebrow inquisitively.

"You're a good son, a good brother, a good friend and above all a good leader, Trevor. As for a person, we all have our flaws which leads us to overlook one of the roles we play in society while focusing on the other. You focused on being a good brother and a leader and overlooked the role you'd be playing as a husband in the future. We all need to work on being a good person, so do you." I remarked.

His expression told that he didn't actually expect me to say this. He was simply thinking we were making fun of each other.

And the way he was staring at me now, took me to the moment when I fell over him this morning.

His hold on my waist sent sparks into my body, I'd felt drawn to him and almost wanted to close the gap between us. The illness might've paled his complexion, but his charm remained intact, he was as handsome as ever and I'd to force myself to get out of his hold.

"You really think so?" He mumbled.

"Yes," I replied without hesitation. "It might sound odd for me to say this, but you're also a good husband, Trevor." I added with a hint of embarrassment.

"You're definitely kidding now." He snorted.

"No, I mean it. The way you stood with me that day in front of the hotel's manager is a proof. I know it's just a pretense we're putting up, but when you get to live it for real, I've no doubt you'd be a good one." I honestly said.

Like for real, he could've just ignored the whole thing, but he chose to come over and stand by me, that moved me greatly.

"If you say so." He faintly smiled.

"I'll go heat the soup for you. You need to eat." I excused myself and went to the kitchen.

I'd made the soup this morning before leaving for school so he'd not be left hungry, who knew I'd be back home even before afternoon?

I turned the stove on and placed the pot over it. While waiting, I checked my phone for any texts.

"Sorry, I'd to use your keys! I returned them to your purse." A text from Fiona read.

I snorted to myself.

"Silly, that's no big deal. Thanks for bringing me back home." I replied.

"As if I'd any choice after you said not to disturb your hubby!"

"Hahaaha." I sent knowing that it'd irk her.