Fifteen

Cheryll's POV;

~ Miles Manor ~

"My ab...domen..." Trevor grunted as I cradled his head on my lap.

I woke up on hearing a loud thud and found Trevor lying on the floor, it looked like he'd fallen down. His words were slurred and weren't making sense, I'd to listen very closely to understand him also, he was losing consciousness slowly.

"Don't faint on me now!" I tried standing up with him. "How long have you been feeling so?" I asked as I guided him to stand.

"Ele..." He breathed heavily. What's ele!? "11 pm..." He finally said.

"What did you eat and when?"

I felt silly asking him questions at this moment when he probably felt like dying, but I was helpless. Even the bestest of the doctors cannot treat one if they didn't understand the problem well, then what was a mere student like me?

"Lunch...office, pasta...ta...keout, 12 pm." He stuttered. "Royal Palace... Shrimp...meeting, 5 pm."

All right, I got that he ordered pasta takeout at 12 noon for lunch then had shrimps at 5 pm during the meet with his client at hotel Royal Palace. I noticed that his breathing was forced.

All this could only mean one thing!

"You'll be fine, keep trying to breathe." I rubbed his back and started walking out of the room, all the while guiding him as he leaned on me for support.

I took him out of the house through the back door and hailed a taxi to Dr. D'Cruz's private clinic. She's given the space to me so I can practice whenever I want. Though she's given it to me completely, I still call it her clinic.

I'd have taken Trevor to the hospital, but that'd attract attention with his identity and news would spread like fire. I cannot risk it as it's not clear whether if it's just an illness, or a planned attempt to get him.

With his identity, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason turned out to be my second guess.

~ Dr. D'Cruz's Clinic ~

I took him to the bed and immediately administered antitoxin after successfully starting the ventilator. His condition isn't severe and the symptoms haven't shown to the fullest, so his recovery should be fast, even so it'd take him at least a week to recover fully.

After that, I moved the stretcher along with the ventilation set up into the ambulance and drove to the manor.

~ Miles Manor ~

Moving him up the stairs wasn't even an option, so I'd to settle for one of the rooms below. He was breathing normally now, so I decided go up and clean the room.

He'd thrown up earlier when I tried to lift his head up and because I was very close to him, he threw up all over me. I cleaned the room and changed into fresh clothes. Yep, I hadn't even bothered to do that earlier as he was all I focused on.

I went back down and found him asleep. I sat beside him and looked at his sleeping figure. It felt familiar when I made him lean on me while taking him to the taxi station from home.

I shook the feeling off and checked with the drugs I'd need to give him from time to time, all the while wondering whether if his illness was something planned by one of his enemies. It's no surprise that prominent figures have a lot of enemies and with Trevor being the president of Miles Group, I was sure he'd many foes.

Early morning 5 am, I drove the ambulance back to the clinic, after all it's not normal for an ambulance to be parked outside the manor.

~ Dr. D'Cruz's Clinic ~