ch. fourteen

on the same day at kq multi sport school's cafeteria, wooyoung sat with his friends for lunch.

"did you know that this year, our school is the host of inter-school mixed sports in for all chosen school in seoul?" yunho casually started, sipping his coke.

"eh? you kidding?" yeosang chirped in shock.

"now why the hell would i be lying to you about this?" yunho looked at yeosang, unimpressed.

wooyoung who was eating the burger choked when he heard the news. the burger in his hand fell into his food tray as he hurriedly reached for his coke.

"geez, poor boy..." yeosang shakes his head, looking at wooyoung. wooyoung glared at his best friend.

"you okay, wooyoung?" seonghwa asked, worriedly.

wooyoung waved it off. "yeah i'm good, back to the topic. our school is the host for this year?"

"precisely." yunho hummed. "our school prefect was about to announce this later. i overheard this so why not spill it." yunho sassily shrugged.

"what school was chosen this year? eight schools, right? including us?" wooyoung asked.

seonghwa nodded. "i guess so?"

yeosang gasped. "i've seen the poster before coming here. it's about this year's sport. but i didn't know that we're the host."

wooyoung looked at yeosang, bored. "you only glanced at the poster, right?"

the question was answered with a nod from yeosang. "but i ripped it off the third floor bulletin board."

"yeosang!" seonghwa's jaw dropped to the floor. "what the hell..."

"that doesn't matter!" wooyoung anxiously butted in. "so what school is chosen this year?"

"why are you so worked up? are you afraid that someone's school will be chosen?" yunho playfully nudged wooyoung.

"shut up. i am very scared. so answer my question please? thank you very much."

yeosang took out a neatly folded poster from his pocket and cleared his throat. he scanned the poster and lift his eyebrow. "okay so, eight school. including ours, there's sejong international sport school, haneol seoul athletics school, yonsei sport academy, korea national sport school, cheong-nam elite athlete academy, seoul dynamic academy, and atiny sport school..."

yunho and seonghwa glanced at wooyoung for his reaction.

wooyoung's face paled when he heard the last school's name. he gulped and looked at each of his friends face. "i'm fucked, right..?"

"you're right."

"absolutely."

seonghwa sighed. "oh come on, woo. he's not gonna bother you. in this poster, our principal has separated the classes they will occupy before the training begin. it's opposite of our building."

"but we shared our school field with them!" wooyoung exasperated.

yunho pursed his lips. "let's hope that their training schedule is different."

yeosang nodded his head. "and let's hope they don't have lunch with us."

"oh, lunch... shit!"

"don't worry, woo, it's only for a month." yunho patted wooyoung's back.

"one month?!"

"fuck!" yeosang's burger fell in his food tray, surprised by wooyoung's sudden burst. "oh thank god- stop yelling for the love of god!"

wooyoung rolled his eyes. "oh my god, i am so sorry, kang yeosang-ssi. it's just a burger and i can buy you another one if your burger kissed the floor. but this?! this is so- i don't even wanna think about it."

"oh hush! don't be dramatic, jung wooyoung. i'm sure you can avoid him. you're the only one that always got away from your so called fans, remember?"

"i know right?" yunho finished his fries. "have some faith in yourself, woo."

wooyoung sighed "i'll try."

"one month..." seonghwa mumbled. "so training for two weeks? because sports usually take two weeks."

yeosang hummed and looked at seonghwa. "i think so. all the sports we take are there right? yours, mine, wooyoung's and yunho's?"

"i suppose?" seonghwa looked at yunho for a confirmation.

yunho nodded his head. "basketball, volleyball, field track, archery, football, javelin, baseball and badminton."

"so the four of us are included in this year's sports." wooyoung sighed. "i regret that i signed in for the track team."

"you yourself know that you are the best in that sport, woo." yeosang rolled his eyes.

"very true." seonghwa smiled at the youngest. "it's okay, we can covers you whenever mingi brings his friends over to our table."

"you guys are the best, thank you!"