ch. nineteen

three days have passed since the first day's briefing for all the schools. today, thursday, is the first day they start training according to the schedule set by the host.

wooyoung don't know what he did in his past life that made him so lucky to be able to practice on the indoor field with the basketball team and baseball team.

that evening, wooyoung walked towards the indoor field for training with members of his school's track team. his black totebag was carried lazily and the black water bottle in his hand was dangling lifelessly.

"i am so fucking lucky, what the hell..." he mumbled inaudibly.

wooyoung remembered very much that he scanned the schedule that had the morning practice today and was shocked when he read it more than three times to make sure that he wasn't crazy.

thursday - 3.50 p.m until 6.45 p.m
4.00 p.m - 4.45 p.m • yonsei sport academy (baseball)
4.45 p.m - 5.40 p.m • atiny sport school vs seoul dynamic academy (basketball)
5.40 p.m - 6.45 p.m • kq multi sport school (track)

seonghwa, yunho and yeosang will be with him a little later today because they each have their own work at home so wooyoung will be alone for a while that evening.

it has become a habit of the four friends to accompany each other during training if they are not busy.

wooyoung pushed the door to the indoor field and found that most of his teammates were warming up before training on the track.

there are some members of the seoul dynamic academy baseball team who have been training are still sitting on the chairs watching the atiny sport school baseball team who are halfway through their training.

wooyoung managed to see san and his group members who were running with the ball and defending his group members.

sometimes san is heard shouting and directing his group to move according to his instructions. wooyoung found that so attractive the way san yelled here and there to his group members.

wooyoung still had thirty minutes to stretch and warm up but he found that there was still plenty of time so he leaned against the pole next to the entrance door and watched the basketball team in action.

san only wears black fit pants under black shorts and a black slim fit active singlet that hugs his strong body.

wooyoung gulped as he stared at the muscles in san's arm. his gaze dropped down to san's stomach when he saw his abs faintly peeking out over the soft material.

wooyoung came out of the indoor field to catch his breath. his face was red when he remembered his stupidity watching san's strong body from top to bottom.

"fuck, jung wooyoung, what the hell are you doing?!" wooyoung whisper-yelled at himself when he realized that he's looking at san like a hungry human. "you motherfucker..."

the sound of the whistle blown by the basketball team's coach echoed through the end of the basketball team's practice accompanied by a little applause from the bystanders and cheers from basketball team themselves.

wooyoung looked at his watch and found that he had fifteen minutes before training started. he took a deep breath before he pushed back the entrance to the indoor field.

wooyoung pretended to look around and put his phone in his tote bag without looking at the other school's basketball team.

he can be seen from the peripheral view that san is watching his movements towards the opponent where his school's track team and students from his school are waiting for track team training.

it has become a tradition for the students of his school to attend training especially if wooyoung and his group members will be present either for training or cheering for each other.

wooyoung stopped at one of the chairs at the end and dropped his tote bag and water bottle on one of the chairs. he sat in the chair next to his bag and water bottle and tied his track sport shoes.

when he was tying his right shoe, a bottle of energy drink appeared in front of him causing him to flinched at the proximity and looked up. he blinked his eyes and leaned back straight when he saw the hand that held out the bottle.

"san..?"

"hi, wooyoung." san smiled at wooyoung's confused face and shook his hand a little so wooyoung can see the bottle in his hand.

wooyoung shyly took energy drink from san and put it with his water bottle. "thank you..." he mumbled and circled his ankles around as a simple exercise.

"we met at last." san spoke softly before he pointed to the seat next to wooyoung. "can i sit?" he asked wooyoung for a permission remembering yunho's warning before.

wooyoung nodded his head and looked at san, unconsciously giving him his big doe eyes. "why didn't you go home yet?" he softly asked.

san smiled and put his tote bag on the chair next to him. "i can stay a few more hours. my family isn't home yet. so i guess i'll just sit here and watch the rest of the training as well."

"i see..." wooyoung hummed.

when he felt the conversation was awkward, he quickly turned to san and apologized. "i-i'm sorry, i'm not good at managing conversations with other people without feeling awkward." wooyoung bowed his head in shame.

san who thinks wooyoung blames himself for not being good at arranging sentences with him immediately shakes his head. "nuh-uh, no. it's okay wooyoung. i know, yunho told me not to rush. so please... take it slow. it's okay." he reassuringly smile at the younger.

wooyoung felt his face turn red and immediately bowed his head in thanks, also to hide his red face from san.

when he heard his coach calling his name indicating that it was time to warm up with his team he stood up and pursed his lips. he quickly searched for something in his tote bag and pulled out an extra small towel and cupped san's sweaty cheek with it.

san looked up at wooyoung and blinked his eyes when he felt wooyoung's hand cupping his left cheek. "take it..." wooyoung softly said at san. san holds a small towel on his cheek and his hand brushes with wooyoung.

wooyoung felt hot and let go of san's cheek. "you can use it..."

san smiled at the action which made his dimples dig into his cheeks. "thank you, wooyoung."

oh please, don't say my name like that...

wooyoung nodded his head and quickly headed towards his team that was waiting for him. they saw his and san's exclusive interaction with mischievous smiles.

wooyoung groaned. oh fuck my life...