ch. twenty-nine

the last bus is still not filled because the students from atiny sport school are still talking with the friends they managed to make while at kq multi sport school. among them are hongjoong, san, mingi and jongho.

each of them trying to comfort their friends that they can still hang out together outside of school. just need to send sms but some of them still want to have lunch together at school.

hongjoong and seonghwa are hugging while exchanging goodbyes and promises.

yunho and mingi have already started planning a date after school next week.

yeosang and jongho also have talked about texting each other a few times.

san and wooyoung stood quite far from the others with the smaller pouting sadly at his own shoes.

"youngie? why are you pouting?" san cooed at the younger.

"i'll miss you..." wooyoung sadly said, waddling towards san for a hug.

"i'll miss you too, cupcake." san hugged wooyoung close to his chest, his fingers combing through the smaller's hair. "but don't be sad. we can still meet outside school."

"but aren't we gonna be busy with studies now that the sport is over? we're seniors." at this point the smaller practically clung onto the taller.

san hummed in agreement. "of course we have to study, but we have to stop if necessary. we can't overwork ourselves. you can always call me whenever you want."

"really?" wooyoung asked cutely, raising his head to look at the taller. "can i call you whenever i want?"

the older chuckled and nodded his head. "of course. we can all also plan hangouts outside of school and maybe sleepovers with others. heck, you can even call me if you can't sleep, i will knock on your door."

wooyoung whined but said nothing nonetheless.

"come, let's talk to our friends. we have a few minutes left before we leave." san hugged wooyoung's waist and pulled him towards their friends.

yeosang breathed a sigh of relief. "finally. i thought wooyoung was about to kidnap you home or something."

wooyoung grumbled under his breath but said nothing.

yunho looked at san and wooyoung before his eyes shifted back to the smaller who didn't say anything. "we can plan a hangout schedule. do you want to plan with seonghwa, yeosang and i after school?"

"can i?"

seonghwa grinned and pulled wooyoung into a hug. "of course! we can plan our hangouts until they get sick of looking at our faces and throw up."

wooyoung giggled at seonghwa and nodded his head.

and when their coaches said they still had five minutes, wooyoung went straight into san's arms. the smaller looked at the taller with a small smile.

"you heard what hwa hyung said right? until you all threw up looking at us."

sam chuckled and nodded his head. "of course, sweetheart, of course. even though we both know that i won't throw up looking at your beautiful face."

wooyoung screeches at the taller and slaps his chest lightly. "stop being cringe!" the smaller's face was red from cheeks to ears in embarrassment.

san laughed and ruffles wooyoung's two-toned hair fondly. "i'm just stating a fact right there, cupcake."

the smaller huffed and hugged the taller's neck. "whatever..." he muttered into the crook of san's neck.

san hugged wooyoung's waist and kissed wooyoung's red cheek. "cute."

after exchanging goodbyes and hugs, wooyoung and his friends waved towards the bus that was leaving their school grounds.

"i will call him until i fall asleep tonight." wooyoung huffed and walked back into the school.

"he's falling in love with san more and more, isn't he?"

"mhm-hmm, absolutely."

"he definitely is."

that night at wooyoung's house, while he was sitting at his study table, his phone rang. he looked at the caller on his screen, beaming happily. he quickly picked up the call and put the phone to his ear.

"hello, cupcake."

"sannie!" wooyoung literally kicked his chair and jumped on his bed.

"you picked up the call quickly. are you waiting for me to call?"

wooyoung humphed. "yes! shut up and entertain me, i miss you!"

san chuckled. "i miss you too!" and right there, they both started swapping stories to entertain people online.

without realizing they had been on the phone for over two hours and it was wooyoung's time to sleep. "aren't you supposed to sleep now, cupcake?"

"i don't want to! tomorrow is saturday and it's the weekend. i can sleep late." right after he finished talking, he yawned a little.

san laughed a little, "you definitely need to sleep, wooyoung. i'm sure you're tired today so you should sleep. we can talk again tomorrow."

"hmph!" wooyoung quickly got into his blanket and plugged in his phone, still on call with san. "lull me to sleep." he demanded the older.

"you're getting bold, baby." san hummed in amusement. "okay, i'll lull you until you sleep."

the older starts humming the tone of the song 'through the night' from iu and when the song was about to end he heard a light but soft snore from wooyoung.

san smiled and looked at his phone screen. they both had been online for over three hours and wooyoung was already asleep.

"goodnight my sweet cupcake. i love you." san softly mumbled on his phone speaker before hanging up.

and that night both san and wooyoung got a good night's sleep peacefully.