ch. thirty-four

the sound of the phone ringing loudly with the ringtone of fake love by bts causing wooyoung who was reading a book while lying on his stomach on his bed looked at the phone next to him.

a familiar name flashed on his phone screen. he quickly swiped right and put the phone to his ear.

"sannie?"

"hi, little fairy~"

wooyoung giggled. "hello, sanshine~"

san hummed in amusement. "sanshine?"

"i'm sorry..." wooyoung smack his cheek lightly. "you don't like it?"

"no no, i love it! what do you mean? keep calling me sanshine."

"right." wooyoung put a bookmark in the gap of the page of the book he read and smiled. "what are you doing?"

"talking to you~" san chuckled. "what are you doing, sweetheart?"

wooyoung playfully rolled his eyes. "well i was reading before you call me." he said. "do you need anything or you just wanted to call me randomly?"

san hummed. "do you remember what you promised me if i won the basketball competition at your school?"

wooyoung ooh-ed. "i do. i remember very clearly. why? are you ready to take me on a date?" he giggled, sipping his milk from a glass.

"i am. i'm ready to take you out on a date. but before that i want to apologize if you're mad at me because... i'm thinking to take you out tomorrow."

wooyoung choked on his milk and coughed, smacking his chest. "wait... what?!"

"oh my god." san gasped and immediately panicked. "baby, are you okay? please drink it slowly, cupcake."

wooyoung slowly drank the milk again to relieve his sore throat and he sighed when he's breathing calmly. "i'm fine, i'm okay."

"geez, i'm so sorry baby. did i surprise you? should i just cancel the date tomorrow?"

wooyoung shakes his head and laughed at the older. "i'm okay, it's fine. we can go on date tomorrow." he said calmly with a wide smile etched on his face.

san smiled in relief. "are you okay to go out on a date tomorrow? it's not too soon, right? i have a lot of plans for tomorrow."

"i'm fine, sunshine. i just choked on my milk." wooyoung chuckled. "what time do you want to pick me up tomorrow?"

"i plan to take you out at night. at seven-forty-five o'clock i pick you up. you have to ask your mama if it's okay if you go out late at night. if not, i need to change the time. but if you can get out that time is even better." san explained.

"wait a second, let me ask." wooyoung looks for his mom downstairs and screams. "mama! can san take me out tomorrow night?!"

san laughed on the line when he clearly heard wooyoung's question to his mama.

wooyoung hummed. "my mama said as long it's you, she'll let you take me anywhere... i'm scared of my mama, wait a minute."

san chuckled. "woah, so... i have your mama's blessing to take you out on a date tomorrow."

"i guess..."

san let out an amused laugh. "i see you tomorrow then. i'll pick you up at your house, alright?"

wooyoung hummed. "see you tomorrow, bubba."

san chuckled. "see you tomorrow, bubs."

after wooyoung ended the call, he then looked for yeosang's number and pressed the call button without hesitation.

"why are you calling me at this time, jung wooyoung? i'm having my beauty nap right now." yeosang groaned in annoyance.

"well hello to you too, sleeping beauty. now help me!" wooyoung screamed at his phone.

"ouch! my ears! why are you screaming?!" yeosang yelled back at the younger.

"san is taking me out on a date tomorrow and I HAVE NO FUCKING CLOTHES FOR TOMORROW!"

the other line was silent without any reply.

"yeosang?"

"OH MY FUCKING GOD! IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME! FUCKING FINALLY!" yeosang let out several cusses as he literally jumped on his bed leaving his face mask slump on the floor.

wooyoung tsked in amusement at how fast yeosang changes his tone from annoyance to happiness.

"it's okay wooyoung baby. i'll help you choose your fucking clothes for your date tomorrow. see you in 15."

"alright." wooyoung hangs up and jumps on his bed like a child.

after twenty minutes, yeosang is in wooyoung's room, looking for the right combination of clothes for tomorrow.

"give me hints about the date. so i can assemble the clothes." yeosang looked at wooyoung before shifting his eyes back to wooyoung's closet.

"okay so... san said he wants to take me out tomorrow night. he said he has planned something interesting for tomorrow." wooyoung drop the hint.

"a date night, yeah? what can we put for tomorrow, hmm?" yeosang pushed every shirt, sweaters and dress shirt that didn't catch his attention aside.

yeosang clapped his hands excitedly. "found it! let's go all aesthetic for tomorrow night." he said, his hand reaching for a white dress shirt and black trousers. "how about this?"

wooyoung looked at the outfit on yeosang's hands and smiled. "i like the combination, sangie!" he exclaimed happily.

"well, i can say that you are good at choosing people to ask for help." yeosang looked at his finger sassily.

"yeah yeah, whatever floats your boat, kang yeosang." wooyoung lazily rolled his eyes. "and thank you again."

"it's no biggie!"

yeosang also laid a silver necklace and four rings on wooyoung's dressing table. "i suggest you wear thin make-up tomorrow to raise your face. i believe you can dress yourself tomorrow."

wooyoung smiled. "of course i can. if i can't, i'll call you for help." the younger grinned mischievously.

yeosang rolled his eyes. "yeah yeah whatever. snap your full ootd to me tomorrow. i want to see."

"i will!" after that yeosang left.

and that night wooyoung honestly couldn't sleep because he was buzzing with excitement to sleep.

i don't care, i'm confessing tomorrow.