ch. eighteen

when the school bell rang indicating that first period was over, wooyoung lightly shook his legs under his table while slowly packing his books. "we're going to the locker room first, right? put the school bag?"

seonghwa got up after putting his stuff in the bag. "yes, let's go to the locker room first to meet our school's athletes. we'll go to the gym with them later."

yeosang sipped the banana milk that he managed to sneak into the class without the homeroom teacher's knowledge. "do we separate according to the sport we take?"

the three of them turned to look at yunho who was chewing his favorite chocolate bread. yunho nodded his head. "our principal says so. we have to. later near the locker room, our coaches will brief our seats in the gym."

wooyoung got up from his seat and took the coffee milk that yeosang bought from the school store. "come on, if we're late we'll miss the briefing."

"let's go." seonghwa and yeosang started walking out of the classroom followed by wooyoung and yunho who were walking close behind them.

yunho glanced at wooyoung who was sipping his milk coffee next to him. yunho lightly cleared his throat to get wooyoung's attention and succeeded when wooyoung looked at him with big doe eyes.

yunho cooed at him and smiled reassuringly at the youngest. "are you okay?" wooyoung nodded his head as an answer. "don't worry, young-ah. seonghwa texted me earlier and i managed to told san not to rush if he sees you either with us or you alone."

wooyoung tilted his head in confusion. "what do you mean..?" he asked yunho in tiny.

yunho hummed. "not much. i'm just telling him that you're not comfortable with new people. you know that only our group knows you deeply. you're a shy person."

wooyoung nodded his head as he slowly takes in yunho's words. "mhm thank you, yun-ah." wooyoung cutely smiled at his tall friend in appreciation.

when they saw the biggest locker room on the first floor that was specifically for the athletes, they stopped walking.

yeosang smiled at his best friend to comfort him. "don't worry, young-ah. he's not going to do anything that will make you uncomfortable. he's a respectful person. mingi told us a lot about his friends. san just looks like a rude person, but he's a big softie."

seonghwa nodded his head in affirmation. "yeosang's right, young-ah. we know you want to get to know him, but take it slow, okay? he is here for a month."

yunho flash his biggest grin. "so... see you at lunch? at our usual place?"

seonghwa shakes his head. "i think we should have lunch at the room instead? with wooyoung. this is just for the first day. shall we eat with you, woo?"

wooyoung hummed and shook his head. "it's okay, hyung. i can eat alone in that room. the three of you go meet mingi's friends."

"are you sure?"

"yep!" wooyoung replied, popping the p. "i can eat alone, you know? i'm not a baby." he pouted making the three of them burst into a laughter.

"alright then~"

they went into the locker room and split up according to their sport to listen to the briefing from their couches.

wooyoung huddled with his track team athletes after putting his school bag in the locker. they chatted while waiting for their coach. when their coach came to stand in front of them, they automatically silence to listen.

mr. lee cleared his throat. "as you guys know, we will get to know the athletes from the opposing team's track team for each school."

they all nodded their heads in understanding.

"i want you all to behave and i also hope that you don't get into fights with other school's athletes. the head of the track team will meet with the head of the other school's track team to give a gift for the first meeting along with a welcome sentence. as usual in other schools."

wooyoung nodded his head when he met mr. lee's eyes.

"and remember to be on your best behavior, do you get me?!"

"yes, coach!"

after they finish the briefing meeting, they walk according to the sports group taken and head to the athletes hall for a meeting with all participating schools.

when they arrived at the athletes hall they found that all the athletes from the participating schools were sitting in their respective places.

from the back to the front there is a javelin team, baseball team, volleyball team, football team, badminton team, archery team, basketball team and track team.

wooyoung mentally slapped himself on the forehead when he read the sports sequence in the athletes hall. "it's okay, wooyoung. be nice and don't be arrogant. if he smiles at you, you just smile back. don't be arrogant." he mumbled to himself.

wooyoung walked into the hall leading the track team because the track team was the last to enter in the order of seating from back to front.

wooyoung don't know what or who he saved in the past that made him sit level with san who was not far behind him. san literally sat behind wooyoung and they made eye contact.

san blinked his eyes in disbelief because of the ethereal beauty wooyoung possessed. wooyoung bit his lips when san looked at him with a look he couldn't interpret. wooyoung smiled a little, bowing his head slightly in greeting.

"hi..." he greeted san slowly but san managed to hear wooyoung's soft voice.

san literally in awe when he heard wooyoung's voice. a small smile made dimples form on his cheeks. "hello there."

wooyoung blushed and immediately sat in his seat as his school principal cleared his throat and stood in the forum to get the attention of the athletes present.

san looked at the back of wooyoung's head. he bowed his head slightly as he shook his head with a little smile. wooyoung is so cute and his attic only made san want to get along with him.

"can i have all the athletes' attention please."

and that is the cue for san to pay attention to the principal of the host.