ch. twenty-seven

the second week of inter-school sport days has started a few days ago and there are two people who are beating their hearts out waiting for their turn to compete and those two people are wooyoung and san.

they both have sports that will compete on the same day. the time they compete will not clash because wooyoung competes in the morning and san in the afternoon.

today is thursday and is the second last day sports will be held. tomorrow they will have a special closing day before they send the other athletes back to their respective schools.

wooyoung and san arrived at the indoor field for the last day together. the smaller smiled listening to san chattering about their night back from the hangout.

"my mum and sister won't leave me alone. they're asking me to bring you home to have dinner together." san chuckled.

wooyoung laughed at the taller. "wait, actually?"

"yeah!"

"woah i can't believe that your mum and my mama are talking about the same thing. the only difference is that my mum told me before we went out to hangout that day." wooyoung told san with a grin.

san raised an eyebrow. "woah, now i feel like my mum and your mama probably share the same braincell."

they both burst into laughter when they reached where their friend was sitting, catching the attention of yeosang and yunho who looked at wooyoung with that look.

"woah─"

"yunho, fuck off."

"but i didn't─"

"fuck off." wooyoung glared at the taller even though his cheeks were red. he hides behind san who also laughs at wooyoung and yunho's behavior.

wooyoung and san's friends waved before they left the closed field to go to the main field where the track would start.

san held wooyoung's hand before he smiled at the nervous little one. "you can do this. you will do great, believe in yourself."

wooyoung whined. "i'm scared. i feel like throwing up." he complained.

san wasted no time and hugged wooyoung. he massaged wooyoung's back up and down to calm him down.

"i know you're scared. me too every time before i start competing. i understand how you feel. but you have to be able to. i trust you. you won't be a leader if you're not an ace. you can do it." san kissed his head and let go of the younger.

wooyoung was too scared to blush so before san went out to join their other friends on the bench, wooyoung held san's hand. "thank you, sannie." he mumbled and stood on his tippy toes, kissing san's cheek.

san was stunned but he didn't dare to say anything especially when his face started to heat up. "you're welcome, youngie." he quickly exited the indoor field and closed the door.

after the door closed, he held his chest and looked towards the still closed door. his cheeks were still red. what have you done to me, jung wooyoung.

wooyoung also looked at the closed door with a pounding heart as he realized his very brave behavior.

"oh my god, jung wooyoung. did you really kiss your crush's cheek? isn't he gonna freak out? why am i always so stupid!"

before wooyoung could slapped himself, his coach looked at wooyoung and another athletes who would be with wooyoung as a team. he participated in two events; 400 meters and the 4×400 relay.

after the students and supporters from outside were transferred to the indoor field, because it was raining and the big field was slippery to use, wooyoung and his team along with the athletes from other schools entered the indoor field.