CHAPTER 30 | I WILL PROTECT YOU

Several world leaders sat gathered around a great table in the largest hall of the EDF's headquarters. The renowned leaders conversed amongst themselves quietly as they waited for the summit to begin. With the arrival of General Adira and several prominent figures from the heavens, the chatter from the world leaders died down as those from Earth watched in awe as the regal officers from the HDD took their places at the large table.

Along with Adira and Rae were three other generals and admirals from Heaven's Division of Defense, and each quickly became engaged in conversation with Earth's leaders. However, Rae remained silent. He studied those surrounding the table and wondered at the outcome of the summit. The expressions of those gathered for the summit were tense and grave; they paired well with the state of emergency that covered Daedoeshi.

Nearly immediately following the arrival of the heavenly officials was the entrance of the leaders of Jupiter and Neptune. Should Earth fall to Hades, its neighboring planets would surely be the next to succumb to the demons' darkness; therefore, Jupiter and Neptune were quick to answer Earth's call.

As the clock struck 10:00, the leader of the EDF rose to his feet to greet those present. "Thank you for answering the summons for today's summit," General Jacson began. "As can be assumed, the agenda for today's gathering is to resign the alliance between the powers present. Jupiter, Neptune, Heaven...we thank you for your continued support." Jacson looked at the three empty chairs as he said, "We are still missing a few, but the time is right, so we shall begin."

"Before we proceed..." A woman from Neptune spoke up following General Jacson's greeting. Those around the table turned their attention to the blue-skinned female.

"Please, Queen Nihira," Jacson bowed his head respectfully as an invitation for the woman to share her thoughts.

Queen Nihira returned the general's bow before speaking, "I would like to address an alarming finding. After gathering much information throughout the numerous battles in this war, it has come to our attention that Hades' forces have yet to diminish in number. They are just as many as they were three months ago. What is enabling their regeneration?"

"Indeed," General Jacson voiced in agreement. "That is a fine observation, Queen Niriha." Turning from Neptune's queen, the EDF's leader addressed the others present. "Queen Niriha's observation is correct. Hades' numbers are as strong as they were the night they attacked Harlim. They have not dwindled."

Expressions of shock and despair filled the room at the general's reveal. "How is that possible?" Adira inquired, her strong voice cutting through the silence that had fallen. "We have lost many! How has Hades not weakened?"

General Jacson waited for the murmurs to die down before responding, "From several scouting operations conducted by our finest intel unit, we have determined that Hades has created a bridge to Earth...much like the Transport Tower that they had destroyed."

"Then..." Queen Niriha furrowed her brows, and her face grew grave as she realized, "Hades will never stop coming."

"That is correct," Jacson confirmed. "If Hades has indeed built a transport portal directly connecting the underworld to Earth, they will be unstoppable. It will take every man in the universe to stop them."

"What do you propose, General?" Commander Khan, leader of Jupiter's army, inquired. "Is there a way to stop Hades?"

General Jacson's face fell, and he released a breath. The man took a moment to let the reality of their situation sink into those present before opening his lips to answer Commander Khan's question. However, before he could respond, a loud voice answered, "There is! There is a way to stop Hades from taking over."