Apocalypse and Armys (P2)

Warnings: Basically in the title 😂

Caspar's PoV:
It has been 6 hours since the incident. Joe's been expectedly quiet considering he was dangling of a cliff about a 1/4 of a day ago (ayyyyeeee Math! Okay... Not really). "What way now Joe?" Tanya asked softly trying hard to to trigger the boy with suddenness "Uhh... Left." He turned at his own orders. He slightly walks ahead pretending to recognise the path when we all knew that he was going off to cry, we knew when Joe let out a unexpected sob. "Joe." I walked after him hurriedly  "Joe what's wrong?" I asked when I found him sitting back against a tree. "M-Mum...." He burst out with tears "What?" I asked "D-dad... I-I saw them. Zombies." He sounded and looked completely broken. I couldn't say anything that would make this experience any easier for him, because I couldn't imagine how bad I will if I were in that situation. He automatically hugged me tears springing from his eyes. Joe has been playing strong for ages. There's only so much pain a person can handle. This has pushed Joe passed the breaking point and he's struggling to get out. "Okay let's get back to the group and listen, wipe those tears do your family proud even if they against you now. You are strong Joe. We all admire you, even Alfie, he just doesn't want to admit it." He calmed down and wiped away his tears. "Let's go." He sniffled.
---
We can see the army base. However it can't be that simple can it? The place is surrounded by zombies. Surrounded. "Joe what do we do?" Zoe panicked "Well we call for help. The people on the army base will hear us and come get us." Alfie spoke annoyingly "No." Spoke Joe "think logically Alfie. The sound will attract zombies we will be killed before they can get to us." With that Alfie went back into a stroppy silence. "We pretend to be one on them." I whisper aloud enough for my group to hear. They all nod. "Weapons in your hands only use them if you need to." I see a crawler (zombie with no legs) and shot it (WARNING: GORY) cutting open its stomach "cover yourselves" I say covering my body of the insides of the recently killed zombie. "C'ere Joe." I gesture him towards me, he does so. I wipe my hands on his top as he pulls a face of disgust "turn." He turns and I continue on the back "I'm scared Cas. Can you stay with me?" He speaks. When he turns back around I reply "of course." I run my finger across his nose and lines from his cheeks. "You already to go?" Marcus asks "Let's go." We all stumble into the crowd of zombies. Joe clenching onto my hand, eyes scanning the surroundings in panic.
"It's okay JoJo" I whisper very quietly.

The silence wasn't much use as one turned and tried to grab Joe's arm. He whimpered as I aimed my gun at the walker. I pull the trigger. As that is done Joe's arm is pulled forward and the bullet hits him instead... I am lost of words as he stares at me as if to say 'help me'. Before he fell I caught him in a bridal style now shooting every zombie that came close "HELP!" I yelled. A head popped up on the roof of the base "HELP US PLEASE!"  I yelled he began to shoot zombies from his angle shouting stuff at people behind him they dashed off as a couple stay to attempt to take of the dead. I see an exist and run straight to it to see the group already there. "C-Caspar..." Joe cries from my arms "It hurts." Tears fall freely, he doesn't hold back. It's probably the last moments in his life there's nothing to hold back. "It will honey." I cry. I've known this boy for less then 24 hours and I'm already deeply in love with him. "I-I love you..." He chokes clutching his arm in pain "Hold on Joe. Hold on. Don't let go. Don't let go! Keep your eyes open Joe!" My tears are unstoppable. A soldier takes Joe out of my arms and runs inside. "I love you too." I say following the rest of the group inside.

-- 3 Years later --

A lot can happen in 3 years. The zombie apocalypse is finally over. My JoJo is alive. He was taken to a proper hospital and got the treatment he needed and now we have adopted out own child. Amelia. We're happy. Zalfies happy, Narcus's happy, Janya's happy.... I'm happy.