Chapter 3: Runied

It had only been a few months and it was obvious that Edward had gone and caputred Bellas mind. She asked me questions that I chose to ignore because I could see nothing good coming from a relationship built by the two.

This saturday the sun shines through the windows and I groan when there is a glare on the dark screen of the T.V. Why couldn't technology be glare resistant like glasses? It dampened the mod on my Saturdays that consisted of me sitting on the couch in my pajamas watching shows and eating all the junk food I could find in the cabinets.

"Bella come down here! "he yelled with a tone filled with excitement. That only meant one thing for Charlie Swan. Bella comes from her room and stands at the top of the stairs

"Tell your sister that we are all going to the rez tonight. Billy is throwing a party,"

"I'm right here," I stand up causing dad jump slightly and he is the cop. "and yes I am coming with. You know daddy the Rez is my life. I was unfortunate enough to have missed our last party.

 I stretch on my tippy toes hearing my back crack along with my ankles. Bella leaves to her room after agreeing to come with us. Not that there was a choice. 

"I know Kayla go get ready. We leave in an hour!" dad yells half way up the stairs. I squeal running up to my bedroom. I had to look party worthy. There would be no one for me to associate with at the gathering because Embrey had now gone rogue on me ,Jacob, and Quil.

I put on my purple high-low skirt with a black floral lace swing crop top. I slid purple sandals onto my feet and applied my make up using a dark purple lip stick. I was slaying like Nicki Minaj.

When the hour was up dads voice chimed up the stairs and I was ready to leave. I only had to see what Bella had decided to dress in for the event.

To my surprise a black maxi dress hugged her figure and flared. She had straightened her hair, even went as far to apply mascara to her lashes and eyeliner on her lids.

"Bella, you look cute! "I yell giddy. She laughs with a blush.

"Thanks, you look good too, "she complimented me back.

"I always do," I boasted when my confidence was boosted. It was a part of my personality.

---------

We arrive at the Black resident to find everybody gathered in the backyard. The yard that had been decorated with lights and a huge bonfire in the middle with logs all around for everyone to sit and listen when it was time to share the legends.

I am awe struck . Our parties have been at Mama Sues or the beach by Gran Oakly's, but never here. Not since Mama Sarah passed.

Jacob's mother and the Clearwater's helped Charlie raise me. We have all been so close to each other and it was bad when Sarah died. The Blacks were a mess, so that caused the entire Rez to go into a grieving period like what my god-father was experiencing impacted what La Push stood for. Rachel and Rebecca left as soon as they got the chance leaving Jacob to care for Billy on his own.

Bella went off at least an hour ago, and sat by herself, while I found Quil swinging on the front porch away from everyone. He had yelled out to me and I wanted to know if he knew anything new.

He really has changed on me just like Embry, Paul, and jarred before...No I'm not going to think about that. It makes me sad and tears to well in my eyes at the thought. I love Paul and Embry. Hell, I love them all.

"What's wrong Kayla?" he asks trapping a strand of my hair between his fingers.

"Quill...I miss Embry and Paul," I whisper as a tear leaks from the corner of my eye causing my bottom lip to tremble. Three whole months and I have held it in. People just keep abandoning me. He engulfs me into a warm comfroting hug.

"I know, I know. We miss you more," Suddenly he lets out what seems to be growl.

At someone behind me. I turn around and see the one and only Samuel Uley with Jared Cameron, Paul Lahote, and Embry Call.

We had just become friends with Jared and Paul three weeks before they left us. I had known Paul before that, but being close to him was not a thing back then. That was when the Cullen's started leaving their modern home. Jared and Paul started getting all short tempered, severe fevers, Growth spurt, and Growling. With a quick metabolism.

I called those the symptoms.

Now that I think about it more Quil has been experiencing them. I know this because I see him every day and notice the changes.

I feel Quil start shaking under my hand. "Quil you won't leave me, right? y-you won't, right?" I asked franticly placing my hands on his face trying to calm him.

The last time one of my friends started shaking in anger I never seen them or at least heard from them again. It's a little dark out so people just kept on dancing and talking and whatever they were doing to my relief not noticing the commotion.

I was clueless on what to do as he moved to stand and me doing the only thing I could think of to prevent a brawl was to straddle his lap to keep him from getting up. I placed my lips onto his, in a kiss that felt heart achingly wrong. I was kissing him, holding his face in my direction and out of view of the bastard Sam Uley.

It only took him a few seconds before he responded and gripped my hips tightly. It was a good kiss even though it was wrong. His lips were so soft against mine but I did not feel the fireworks. He bit down on my lip. I gasped and he took that to advantage by sticking his tongue into my mouth. That was me distracting Quil.

We pulled back when I heard a throat clearing. Quil was gazing into my eyes. I felt my cheeks warms as I wiped my lipstick from his mouth. I turn around when there is no trace of purple on his mouth to see Sam Uley standing with his arms crossed.

"Can we help you?" It was an innocent question that I was given a glare for.

"The two of you should not be doing that," I raise my eyebrows. Who does he think he is? As far as I was concerned, as a citizen of the United States, I was free to do as I pleased.

"You are not the father of either one of us, nor do you hold any type of authority over us," I snap standing up fixing my skirt. The anger that I had been bottling up suddenly surged throughout my entire being and I needed to tell him about himself.

"Mr. Uley with all due respect you cannot order us around. From my perspective, all you do is take my friends! You make people Abandon others they have known for years. So, do not come over here acting like you know anything about my life. You don't. A-and you cannot take any more of my friends. I am ruined enough!" I had begun crying as everything just hit me all at once.

I was supposed to be okay with my friends disappearing and ignoring me every time I saw them. I had become fine with the idea that they were not coming to see or talk to me anymore yet seeing Sam made me forget all that.