Chapter 39: A valid explination...

VOTE

                           COMMENT 

                                                       SHARE

I want to thank everyone for reading my story and waiting patiently for updates. If anyone is intrested in sharing cover Ideas I am all for it. I enjoy it when my readers comment or show how much they like this story.

I sit across from her, she visibly looks ashamed of herself. She doesn't look at me and I sigh picking up the warm glass of hot chocolate. The snow outside has not let up and I forgot when it started. Inches of snow are piled up around the house and I curse when I had conceived my children. Now they'll have to experience the winter instead of the beautiful summer.

Jasper, Phil, and Paul are playing with the kids I assume having guy talk. Phil has no clue about Leela or any of the supernatural, perhaps it will be a secret her whole life that she has two fathers. In a town like this and the way she looks it will certainly not be something that can be kept hidden away though. I refuse to keep my children from living their life because they may be different. It's no excuse to shelter her or her brother.

"You want to know about your father," Her voice is shaky and in her brown eyes I can see her pain. The same pain I had experienced months ago, when everything was crashing down on me.

"Yea, I do," I confirm. Dad, Charlie showed me that album, he told me who I am. That I do not belong to him and it hurt me. The man I spent all these years with is not my father.

"He was the greatest man I had ever met in my entire life," She looks me in the eyes and I can see the love she had for him as she begins. The love of an imprint. How has she lasted all these years? Just thinking about breaking the bond with Paul pulls at my heart and I bet he feels it as his voice appears in my head. He does not do it much but I am grateful in the moment.

"Kayla, are you alright?"

"Of course, I'm fine I must do this," I tell him. I can feel it as his connection leaves and I look back up at my mother.

"How was he any different than Charlie or your dad, whom I have never met," I question her. I cannot help myself. I should be cautious of her feelings but I am not going to. I need answers from her now.

"They were weak men. John was strong, I was drawn to him the exact moment I met him," her voice strains and I wonder if she is going to cry.

"I had been down in LaPush that day as any other to see my best friend Sarah Black," I feel a lump in my throat at the mention of Jacobs mom. Rene is going down memory lane and I am feeling unprepared for this. She only just started her story and I can feel her heartache so much that I want to cry.

"We needed some girl time with each other. I had left their house after dropping her off from visiting the beach. The car was running out of gas. Charlie had told me to fill it up before I had driven out so far but I had forgotten," I sip my drink listening to her story. Not missing the way her voice changes at every word. Mostly I hear the pain.

"I was stranded on the side of the road in the LaPush forest. I had honestly been fearful as it was getting dark, A black Chevy truck, high up off the ground, brand new had driven pass me. I had been trying to flag down cars at the time for at least thirty minutes. It was surprisingly a hot day that summer. I had worn my skinny jeans and a sweater thinking it was going to rain at some point when the day began to end but it never came. I had removed the sweater at some point. The truck had suddenly stopped and shifted to reverse parking right next to my Nissan. The passenger side window rolls down and an I see a man with Carmel skin and long raven colored hair, eyes a light shade of green, hazel even. I should have been scared never seeing him before, I wasn't. He was kind with his first words 'Ma'am how can I be your assistance?' No one in LaPush would have ever asked it that way, as if it was their duty to help," A smile graces her lips at the memory and I wonder when the last time I had ever seen her smiling around me. How long since she reminisced over old times that were happy. Is she happy now?