Chapter 28 - Epilogue

Groggily, I looked at the clock next to me to see what time it was. It took a minute before my eyes focused and I could properly see what it said. 3:35

Too early.

Next to me, I heard Dylan mutter something and move around as if he was restrained or tied up. I sat up, realizing what was going on. Every now and then, about once a month, he’d have one of those dreams; the ones where he’d wake up terrified or with a new injury.

I leaned over to him but still kept my distance and started to lightly tap the side of his face. “Dylan, wake up!” I increased my tapping, “Dylan, babe, wake up, it’s okay!”

I made the mistake a couple months ago of getting too close to him while trying to wake him. Long story short I ended up getting accidentally smacked as he startled awake, leaving a slightly red mark on my face for a few days.

After a few more seconds Dylan sucked in a breath of air and leaned up on his elbows.

“You okay?” he asked me before I had a chance to ask him the very same question.

“I’m fine, you?”

Dylan let out a sigh of relief before falling back onto his pillow and wiping his face with his hands, “I am now. You managed to wake me just before she was about to kill you.”

“She?” I asked, tilting my head a bit.

“Valerie.”

“Ah,” I nodded remembering him telling me of his past almost-girlfriend from way before I even knew him.

“For some reason, she had turned evil, wanting revenge on you. She chained me to the floor and was about to plunge a knife into your heart,” he peaked at me from between his fingers, almost making me laugh at how adorable he looked.

“Well,” I said, getting down on my stomach so my face was in front of his, “thank god it’s just a dream, because that would just suck.” I leaned forward intent of giving him a quick peck on the lips before trying to go back to sleep.

It tore my heart seeing him like this every so often after a dream like that, but I eventually got used to it enough for it not to bother me too greatly.

Just as I was about to pull away, Dylan placed a hand behind my head, keeping me in place as he deepened the kiss. My mind went blank as he nibbled on my lip, sending shivers down my spine.

I pushed myself closer to him, craving his touch and instinctively wrapping my arms around his neck.

I’m not sure when, but at some point I got flipped over so now Dylan was on top of me, my arms still around his neck. I curled my fingers through his getting-longer blue-ish black hair.

I broke away from the kiss and said “we should probably go to sleep now.”

He paused in trailing kisses along my jaw line for just long enough to say “sure.”

“I mean like, sleep sleep,” I said again, almost losing my train of thought.

Dylan brought his face back up to mine and smiled, “eventually.”

I nodded agreeing, “yeah,” before entwining my fingers deeper into his hair and pulling him back down, kissing him with as much passion as I could muster, him returning it with just as much if not more.

His hands moved down to the hem of my shirt to roam my stomach and chest, of which I responded to greedily by wrapping my legs around his torso.

It was then decided between the two of us that the shirt I wore needed to be gotten rid of and was quickly tossed across the room.