Chapter 19

After I ate lunch with the others, Stevie quickly pulled me away into her room and immediately jumped into plan.

“Okay, first off, Ashley’s having a meeting/formal-get-together with a bunch of people tonight and he told us to be there. Piper and the others are getting ready so I’m going to help you.”

“How exactly are you going to help me?” I asked a little nervous. Let’s be honest here, Stevie could be intimidating at times and pretty damn random. There’s no telling what she was going to do to you. For all I knew, I could end up in a skin-tight purple low-cut dress and green stilettos with black leggings!

She laughed and waved a hand at me, “don’t worry, I’ll just help you with your hair and clothes and such. Now what kind of formal clothing do you have?”

I thought for a minute, mentally going through my wardrobe for something that might be classified as fancy. Eventually I came up with black skinny jeans and a white blouse.

Stevie smiled, “that’ll work fine. Go and put that on then meet me back in here,” she shooed me out of her room.

I walked back to my room and pulled my outfit on then put a turquoise hair extension in and returned to Stevie’s room. She opened the door quickly letting me back in and sat me down on a chair.

Before I could speak, she beat me to the chase, “gosh I haven’t been able to do anyone’s hair in sooo long!”

“Why are you so concerned with people hair?” I asked with a slightly amused tone. Normally I’d be surprised or confused, but I had guessed that Stevie might want to do my hair.

Stevie shrugged.

“I’ve always wanted to be a hairdresser, but it’s kinda hard to practice when you’re surrounded by boys. Plus Piper won’t let me even touch her hair…”

After a while of Stevie tugging and pulling at my hair unmercifully, she finally stopped and stood back smiling. “I believe my work here is done!”

When I looked in the mirror, I saw that my hair was half pulled up, half down loose with curls. It looked formal yet casual at the same time. Overall, she had done a really good job at making my hair likable, which I usually had a hard time accomplishing.

“I like it!” I turned to Stevie who did a little victory dance.

“And I definitely know that Dylan will love the look,” she said with a wink.

I could feel my cheeks heating up at that statement so I looked down trying to make my blush unseeable.

“Aw!” Stevie exclaimed telling me that she had clearly seen the blush and I mentally cursed.

There was a knock, or more like a bang, on the door at that moment.

“Are you girls ready yet?! We need to get going, Ashley wants us there early!” Riley called from the other side of the door.

Stevie laughed and opened the door, “I just got done fixing Audrey’s hair, since nobody else would let me…” She playfully glared at the dark haired boy who returned it with a heart-stopping grin.

“Maybe I’ll let you play with my hair one day if you drug me enough, but until then, I’ve got me a 32ft pole! Beware!” Riley karate chopped the air then took off down the hallway.

Stevie laughed and pulled me down the hallway to everyone else, “come on, let’s get going before Riley spontaneously has a heart-attack for no reason at all.”

Ashley’s party/meeting was actually pretty cool. It looked like the typical rich-person parties in those movies. It looked formal, yet there was music playing and people were dancing.