Chapter Fourteen..

Zuhaib looked at his wife who had taken off her heels and put them in front of herself,her once tied up hair let down and her eyes closed.It was 12 in the night yet she wanted to talk to him about what only she knew.He picked her feet up and placed them in his own lap,she opened her eyes to give him a questioning look before sighing and laying her head on the arm of the chair when he begun to massage her one foot.

"Zuhaib."

"Yes habib."

"How was your married life to Aqeelah?"

Zuhaib stopped midway in his messaging of her foot and looked at her shocked.Why did she ask him such a question now?What had brought this question up?Was it what he had said to her by the orphanage?Ya Allah so many questions only which she had the answers to.She nudged his tummy with her foot and that brought him out of his thoughts.He looked away,out the tinted glass windows , continued massaging her foot.He really didn't know how to answer that question but decided to give it a try.

"Well our marriage was not quite normal as I didn't even know her but we kind of managed."

That's the best way to give her an answer but he thought back to an incident with Aqeelah.

**FLASHBACK**

"Aqeelah,what are you doing?"

Zuhaib looked at her shocked but more so at the white shawl that she held in her hand.It was Zuhaiba's gift to him.He walked angrily towards Aqeelah and snatched the shawl from her.

"How dare you Aqeelah?I warned you to never touch anything of mine."

"Khalil I'm your wife.I have a right over all your things."

"No you are wrong.We only wife and husband by name.This relationship of ours is just an act.You will never have a right over anything of mine."

He turned around only to be stopped by her words.

"You a married man for God's sake.You can't think about other women especially not that bitch."

Zuhaib turned around his anger getting a good part of him and he raised his hand to slap her but stopped.He recited Ta'wutth and lowered his hand.He glared at her.

"Never again call Zuhaiba a bitch otherwise I will divorce you and I'll tell everyone just how chaste you were when we got married."

Aqeelah's face paled by hi words and she shoot him a challenging look.

"You wouldn't because you would not hurt my dearest sister,now would you?"

"I know her better than you and trust me I'll go to your father before I go to her."

Saying this he left.

**FLASHBACK ENDS**

She nudged him with her foot again and he looked at her.Only to find her giving him a not believing look.

"Zuhaib I know it was not normal but I want to know how did you'll treat one another.How was she to you.How did you deal with the wound I gave you?"

Zuhaib took a deep breath before talking.

"We were two strangers together in a marriage,we lived in a lonely silence.There was no long live between us.When we went out we pretended to be a happy couple but the moment we came back here we never spoke to one another,not even a single word and when we well more like she used to speak to me.It was a one sided conversation.