Chapter Sixteen

Zuhaiba was startled awake by a constant knocking on the door,when she looked at the time she realised it was just before Maghrib.The knocking started again and she quickly straightened her scarf and opened the door.Standing by the door was Zayn and Yusuf,their faces covered in a mask of worry,this set Zuhaiba's heart beating.

"What is wrong?Why is there sadness on your faces?Is everything ok?Is Zuhaib ok?"

"Sheikha unfortunately aghi is in hopital as he has been shot.We came to fetch you."

"Let's go."

They walked and she followed them.Zuhaiba knew in her heart that something had gone wrong,it was a strong feeling.As they drove she read the tasbeeh on her fingers when they reached she got off.She followed them into the lift and through the hallway.Her heart begun beating faster in fear and worry.They told her to sit down and ten minutes later the doctors walked in and she stood up.His face already told her too much.

"How is my husband doctor?"

"The Sheikh is fine but due to being hit on his head he has landed into a coma.The bullet that was shot to the leg has been removed."

The doctor stopped to let Zuhaiba take in what he said.Zuhaiba closed her eyes and then opened her eyes.

"When will he wake up?"

"He can wake up after one day,one month or one year.No one can say when.It's all in Allah's hand."

"Can I go see him?"

"No but once his moved to a room then the Sheikha can go see him."

"Ok."

The doctor left and Zuhaiba spoke to the brothers.

"Zayn,Yusuf call Ummi and the twins here.Is Abu Kassim dead?"

"Nam,he was killed.We'll send message for them to come.Until then why don't you go see aghi."

"Ok."

The nurse came and took Zuhaiba to the room.Zuhaiba entered and her heart almost stopped beating.There was her handsome husband even with the oxygen mask covering half his face.She sat down by his side and held his hand.Her tears begun flowing and she rested her forehead on his hand.

"Ya habib why are you torturing me like this?How will I survive without you?"

She didn't know until when she cried but she knows that Umme Zuhaib came in and held her as she cried before speaking.

"Binte,calm down.You are now a ruler to a Kingdom that's King is in coma.You need to be strong for your country and for him."

"I'm pregnant."

Umme Zuhaib had a shocked look on her face.

"Make that your reason to rule and live.Be strong."

"Jee ummi."

She looked at her husband and made dua for his recovery.

¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤

Three Years Later...

"His going to turn two soon.Everyone is very happy.He doesn't trouble a lot.He said Um(is not a mistake) and I know very soon he'll say Abi...."

"You Highness."

"Yes doctor.Has there been any developments in his reports?"

"Yes there has been developments and In Sha Allah very soon the Sheikh will wake up."

"Ameen."

The doctor left and she looked at him.He still looked the same even after three years.Tears dropped from her eyes onto the hand she was holding.