Chapter Twenty...

Zuhaiba was extremely happy that she was going to visit her tribe with her husband and son after so long.She had not gone since Zuhaib had went into coma though they had come to visit her.Zufar was captivated by the whole scene of the beautiful desert.They reached the tribe and everyone came to welcome them.

Zuhaib held Zufar in his one arms and wrapped the other arm around Zuhaiba's waist.Zuhaib put Zufar down when Zufar demand to hug Ummi Zuhaiba.Now Zuhaib shook every men's hand and Zuhaiba hugged all the women.When she came to Ummi Zuhaiba who was talking to Zufar in hushed tones,Zuhaiba pouted.

"Umme this isn't fair.I also want a share of your love."

Laughter sounded around them all and Ummi Zuhaiba gave Zufar to Zuhaib.She then engulfed Zuhaiba in a hug filled with love and affection.Zuhaiba kept her tears at bay for later when they would be alone.

They went to the tent which had been set up for them.They freshened up and sat down to drink some cold water and Zam Zam which Zuhaiba's cousin had brought back with him from Makkah after his Umrah.

"Can I come in,ugti?"

It was Zuhaiba's baby brother,Ishmael who was no longer be baby but rather he was five years old now.

"Come in habib."

He came running inside the tent and sat down on Zuhaiba's lap.He hugged her and she placed a kiss on his forehead.

"How are you,Issy?"

"I'm very happy that you came to visit us after so long."

"I'm also happy to be here.How is your Quraan lessons going?"

"Very good.I finished learn all the letters and now I'm going to learn small words then big words and then the Quraan."

"Masha'Allah.May Allah help you in your learning."

"Ameen.See you made me forget why I came here.Aghi Zuhaib,Aghi Yusuf and my other brothers have called you to go smoke hokkah with them."

Zuhaib looked at Zuhaiba who nodded her head at him.

"Go.I'm going to leave Zufar by the other children and then I'm going to have a talk with Umme."

"Ok.Issy cover your eyes and Zufar cover your eyes."

"Do you have a surprise for us?"

Zufar asked and Zuhaib nodded.The two young children did as they were told.Zuhaib leaned in and gave Zuhaiba a passionate kiss before speaking into her ear.

"Make plans to leave Zufar with Umme until the dawn of tomorrow and let us have our night in the dessert."

"Ok my love."

Zuhaib smiled and kissed her on her neck before pulling back and taking two chocolate bars from his tawb.

"Open your eyes sons."

The two small children opened their eyes which lit up with delight when they saw the chocolate bars.They took it from Zuhaib's hand and thanked him.Zuhaib took the boys out but not before giving Zuhaiba a wink as he exited.Zuhaiba shook her head at him and got up.She walked to her mother's tent and seeked permission to enter which she was given.Zuhaiba entered and saw her mother sitting on the bed with the Quraan in front of her.Zuhaiba took off her scarf and opened her hair while her mother finished reading and took off her scarf also.Zuhaiba layed her head on her mother's lap and Umme Zuhaib caressed her head.

Zuhaiba turned her face until she could bury it in her mother's tummy.She let go off all the tears she had held back since after the night Zuhaib had woken up.Umme Zuhaiba let her cry her heart out,all the while caressing her head.When she knew that she could cry no more she sat up and Umme Zuhaib handed her a glass of water,which she took gratefully and drank it.Umme Zuhaib took the glass and put it on the floor before looking at her daughter.Zuhaiba understood the look she got and begun to explain.