Information Hunting

Rebekah opens the door to Stefan's room and enters, with Valerie following. Elena stays at the doorway.

Rebekah states "How fun is this...?" As She starts opening drawers. Elena shook her head "We shouldn't be here..." Rebekah sighed "Course we should! Come on, like you've never wanted to snoop." holds up Stefan's underwear "Boxer briefs. A lot has changed since the twenties." Valerie laughed whilst Elena turned serious.

"Are you gonna root through his stuff all night or are you gonna start to tell me your story?" Rebekah sighed yet again "Ah...you really are no fun. What do you want to know?" Elena then walks into the room. "Well, Elijah said that your father was a landowner in Europe. How did you guys end up here?"

Rebekah still going through Stefan's stuff answered "My parents had just started a family, when a plague struck their homeland. They lost a child to it. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate." Elena nodded but then grew confused "So, how did you end up here? This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet."

Rebekah laughs "Not by anyone in your history books. But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy...blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here, where we lived amongst those people." Valerie understood whilst Elena still didnt know "The werewolves?"

Rebekah nodded "To us, they were just our neighbors. My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children, including me." Elena furrowed her brows "You make it sound so normal." Rebekah sighed again "It was."

She then showed them her memories "And one of the last moments my family had together as humans." Elena's phone vibrates, indicating that she getting a call, snapping them out of Rebekah's memories. "You better get that. That'll be Damon checking up on you." Elena then answers her phone. "Hello?" Damon's voice was heard from the other side "Hey!" Elena grew confused "Damon, where are you?"

Damon is in a bar where music is playing loudly. Damon answered "No idea, but I'm pretty sure I'm overdressed...Still standing?"
Elena nodded "Yes, I'm fine, but I can't talk right now." Stefan's voice was heard through the phone "I'll be at the bar." Elena hears his voice "Is that Stefan?" Damon nodded "Yeah, I kinda went off a bit. Don't worry. I know what I'm doing." Elena grew angry "Damon! How could you let him out?" Damon hung up not answering.

Elena grew annoyed at Rebekah "Did you get your fill of snooping yet? Can we get on with the story?" Rebekah gets up; she picks up a photo of Elena and Stefan from a table.
"Honestly, I don't get you two as a couple."
Valerie nodded agreeing "Why would you? You don't know anything about who he really is."

Rebekah sighed "I know exactly who he is. He's a vampire. We're a predatory species." She leans close to Elena's face "We don't have time to care about humans and their silly little lives." Elena was angry "Is that why you did that runway show earlier? 'Cause you don't care about the Homecoming Dance...You know what, I'm just gonna go." She begins to leave. "Elena, you can't leave, we need to find out more" she glared. "Well she's not telling us anything"

Valerie turns towards Rebekah, "can you get on with the story please" she tried to be nice about it, but she was growing annoyed herself. "The necklace wasn't Stefan's to give. It belonged to the Original Witch." I smiled towards Elena and she grew interested "The one who put the hybrid curse on Klaus?" She nodded "Not just the hybrid curse. She's the one who turned us into vampires."

"What a bitch" she glared at me "she's my mother, you do not speak like that to me about her." Valerie rolled her eyes. "Why would you stick up for her? She turned you into a vampire?"

Rebekah changed the subject "I'm thirsty. Do you want a drink?" She goes down to the library with Elena and Valerie following behind her. "So, vampirism was a form of protection?" Rebekah nodded "What else would it be?" Elena suggested "A curse?"
Rebekah shook her head no "My parents only saw a way of keeping their children alive."

Valerie was confused "Yeah, but why stay, if they were so afraid of the werewolves? Why not leave?" Rebekah turned to Valerie "Pride, My father didn't want to run anymore. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they could bite, we had to bite harder. Where they had speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses."

Elena turned to her confused "In her hands? How could she do anything?" Rebekah sighed "Because my mother was also a witch." Valerie's eyes widened "What?!"
"The witch of the Original Family. The Original Witch?" They enter the library.

Rebekah began searching through the shelves "Where do they keep their best vintage?" Elena nodded "But if your mother was a witch, then..." she trailed off "Am I? No, a witch is nature's servant; a vampire is an abomination of nature. You can either be one or the other, never both. My mother did this for us. She did not turn."

Valerie sat up more interested now "How did you turn?" Rebekah smiled at her, preferring her company to Elena's "She called upon the sun for life, and the ancient white oak tree, one of nature's eternal objects, for immortality. That night, my father offered us wine laced with blood. And then he drove his sword through our hearts." Valerie gasped "He killed you?" Rebekah didn't like to look back at the memory, "and he wasn't delicate about it, either."

Rebekah continued to talk about her mother and Mikael, as she went on Valerie became tired so she layed down on the seat. Her eyes fluttered shut and she fell asleep.

Maybe in the next chapter there will be a real Klaus and Valerie moment ;)