Murder Plan

Valerie awoke to a crowd of people in the room. Confused, she looked around then noticed she had fallen asleep earlier. Stefan was on the phone to Klaus and you could just about hear his voice through the speaker. "Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people it is literally a breading ground for werewolves."

Stefan began talk "Your father is dead."
Klaus froze "What did you say to me?"
Stefan chuckled "Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Klaus spoke "Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

Confused, Valerie walked over to Elena, "what's going on?" She turned to her "Mikael has been daggered." She then pointed to the large body on the floor. Valerie gasped not noticing it.

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself." Stefan gestured to the body on the floor. "Well, he is here. Come by whenever." Klaus glared through the phone as if Stefan could see him. "If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?"

Stefan nodded "It's true. I saw it with my own eyes." "I wanna talk to Valerie" Valerie's eyes widened quickly shaking her head no "That's not a problem. She is right here." She glared at Stefan as he handed her the phone. "Klaus." She spoke sharply. "Hello, love, is it true? Is my father dead?" Confused she answers "Yep, his cold, dead body right next to me" she spoke enthusiastically "you good? Okay, bye." She then handed the phone back to Stefan as they glared at her.

Stefan said some other stuff then hung up. "Let's just get this over with." Valerie pulls the dagger out of Mikael's chest.

Later, Mikael is dead on the floor; Rebekah is sitting In a chair, painting her nails whilst waiting for Mikael to come back to life again. He starts to move, he coughs, and gets up.

"Finally. Took you long enough." Mikael looked at her "Rebekah." Rebekah scoffed "Whatever fatherly rubbish you're thinking, save it. Nothing you say matters to me."
Mikael nodded "I see. Where is my dagger?"
Rebekah sighed "Valerie has it. So you can forget your plans to use it on me."
Mikael nodded but sighed as well. "You were never what I was after."

Rebekah continued glaring at him "Nik was my family. If you were after him, you were after me." Mikael sighed "He blinded you, Rebekah. He killed your mother!" Rebekah stood up at stood in front of Mikael "I know what he did, and he'll pay for it with his life. But Nik was not born a killer, none of us were! You did this to us when you turned us into vampires! You destroyed our family. Not him." Mikael looks Rebekah's way as she walks past him "Rebekah..." Rebekah leaves him.

At the Gilbert's house Elena is searching her closet as Bonnie and Valerie are looking at Alaric's photos of the viking drawings.

"I hate everything in my closet. I have nothing to wear to Homecoming." Bonnie then looked up at her "So, don't go. Let's stay home order takeout and over analyze ancient hieroglyphic thingies with Alaric." Valerie giggled but Elena answered "We have to go. Caroline will kill us."

Then Valerie turned to her "and I actually want to go!" Bonnie looked down "Ha- Caroline actually has a date..." Elena walked over to them "You know that you can talk to me about Jeremy, right?" Bonnie looked up from the pictures as Elena sat dkwn "I don't need to talk about it. He fell in love with his ghost girlfriend and lied about it. What's done is done."

Elena slouched her back as Valerie threw her head onto a pillow and sighed in comfort "You have to talk about it. He hurt you, Bonnie. I am mad at him, too."

"You are mad at your little brother. You'll yell at him a little, teach him a life lesson. You can't really be mad like I am mad."
Elena sighed "Bonnie..." she trialed off.
Bonnie comforted her and enthasised that she couldn't talk about it "And you shouldn't have to be. He's your brother. So no I can't really talk to you about it."

Valerie picked herself off the bed and sighed "and this, my friends, is why you become single like me." She posed a little with a dress in hand. "Elena, you should wear this" the dress was black and white with lace at the front. Elena inspected the dress. "It's beautiful, but it looks better on you" Valerie smiled at her and took the dress.

At the salvatore boarding house Valerie and Elena walk upstairs to find Rebekah getting ready for the Homecoming Dance in Stefan's room. "Getting a head start, huh?" She nodded "Embarrassing truth? This is my first high school dance." Elena gasped "Ever?"

Rebekah looked in the mirror one last time before turning around "I never really had time for high school before. Nik and I were always moving around, running. Anyway- I didn't want to leave anything to chance. Have you heard anymore from him?"

Elena shook her head "No. But I'm sure that when he does return he'll do it with flair."
Rebekah felt tears well up and Valerie noticed but decided to keep her mouth shut "And Damon and my father are all set with their plan?" Elena nodded "Yes." Rebekah sighed "Don't tell me. I don't want to know, I just- I want to go to the dance and leave the rest to Mikael."

"I know it's really hard. So thank you for helping us get Klaus back into town."
Rebekah nodded but warned them "Just be careful. I've been running for a thousand years for a reason. Mikael is not a good person and he definitely can't be trusted. No one in my family can."

Valerie notices yet again the tears "Are you okay?" Rebekah sighed "I've spent my whole life loving and hating my brother with equal measure. I never thought that I'd be the one to help drive a stake through his heart. No tears- I don't want to ruin my makeup."
She turns her back to Elena and Valerie and looks in the mirror again.

"How do I look?" Valerie exclaimed "You look amazing! But you're missing one thing."
Valerie takes the necklace out of her pocket.
Rebekah gasped "My mother's necklace."
Valerie walks towards the mirror "You should wear it tonight. May I?" Rebekah turns and looks in the mirror, and nods. Valerie puts the necklace around her neck.

"Thank you." Valerie smiled at her and walked out of the room.

When Valerie is completely gone, Elena drives the dagger through her back into her heart. "I'm so sorry. I can't leave anything to chance either."

Later on, Valerie is at the school as Caroline had called for help. When she arrived she noticed a lot of commotion was happening. She ran towards Caroline. "What's going on?" Caroline threw her hands around "the schools flooded!" Valerie was sad "What?"
Tyler joined them "Dance is canceled."

Caroline exclaimed "Excuse me? What are we supposed to do now?"

Elena is at the Salvatore Boarding House on the phone with Caroline. "So, does that mean I don't have to go?" Caroline scoffed "You wish! No, Tyler is moving the party to his house." Elena furrowed her eyebrows "Kegs and beer pong for Homecoming? That's...different..." she trailed off.
Caroline: Just say you're still coming?! Someone is knocking on the front door. "I'll see you there."

Elena answered the door to find Matt there, waiting for Rebekah. "Elena...?" Elena sighed "Matt...Hey." Matt confused returned the gesture "Hey." Elena sighed "Umm - slight problem with your Homecoming date."
Matt nodded "What happened?" Elena thought back to Valerie telling her she didn't have a date "How would you feel about a backup date? With Valerie?"