Silas

"Congratulations. We made it."

This was the first thing Valerie had heard after the awkwardly silent boat trip to the island. After collecting all the information the group of vampires and vampire hunters had decided to head out to find Silas.

Valerie was yet to know why she was occupying them, Damon had told her he didn't trust her younger brother so she was there.

"Couldn't they have hidden this cure in Hawaii? Where the hell did you take us?" Valerie rolled her eyes at her sarcastic vampire friend.

"Two hundred miles off the Nova Scotia mainland. If you recall, the whole point was to hide the cure on the world's most obscure, desolate island."

Damon had a scowl on his face, he clearly did not want to be there. "Oh yeah? I thought the whole point was that no one found Silas, the oldest, deadliest freak in the world." Valerie silently nodded in agreement with Damons statement.

Professor Shane held out his hand that held a bottle of sunscreen. "Sunscreen?" Damon glared at him "Is that a joke?" Valerie giggled as Shane looked agitated "Right."

Valerie looked around the deserted island and noticed some tension between Rebekah and Elena.

"You know, you're not really helping." Stefan directed his question towards the original vampire. "You're perfectly capable of tying a knot." Stefan sighed "You giving Elena the evil eye, it's not really helping."

Rebekah continued to glare at Elena "She killed my brother, tried to get you to put a dagger in my back. She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye." Elena sighed and turned to her "You know I can hear you, right?" Rebekah scoffed "You know I don't care, right?"

Elena then made a move to try and stab Rebekah with the white oak stake, but before she could Rebekah slammed her to the floor. "If you want to find this cure, you're going to need to be able to stand each other!" Valerie exclaimed at them. She was tired off having enemies. Especially ones that could kill them in one second.

They both glared at her but stood up none the less. Damon rushed over to Elena and dragged her away.

The group then made their way through the woods.

"Satellite phone lost its signal." Valerie sighed as she felt slightly creeped out. "Well, that's a good sign." Elena then asked "Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Rebekah smirked "So then leave. Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary."

Stefan sighed "Please don't start."
Rebekah shrugged "I'm merely stating the facts. Jeremy and Valerie have the spell on their bodies. Bonnie is the witch that unseals the cure. Shane is the human compass. You and I have the tombstone, which does god knows what. And Elena has no point."

Damon scowled "What about me?" Rebekah smiled "You have a nice behind." Damon then nodded his head in appreciation.

The conversation between the rest became background noise as Valerie became wrapped up in her thoughts. To be completely honest with herself she was worried about Klaus. She was aware of what they had planned to do as soon as they had the cure.

Her thoughts were cut off by a loud slam to the floor. Valerie's head snapped over to where Jeremy lay on the floor. She ran over "what happened?!" Elena who was also there replied "someone tried to kill him." Valerie's eyes widened "So that means we're not alone."

The siblings made their way back to the rest of them and explained what had happened. "Great, we're miles away from the way out and someone is trying to kill us. Just what we need."

Valerie rolled her eyes. She then noticed a small clear area. "We should settle down for the night, it's getting dark." Everyone nodded in agreement. They all quickly made their tents feeling slightly exhausted.

Valerie was the first one to decide to get some sleep so, with a small smile at Elena she waved everyone off.

"Night Guys."