3

The sun crawling into the room had woken me from a deep sleep. Stretching, I rolled over to check the time. Breakfast with Ariella was at 10am and the clock read 9am. I felt more refreshed than ever. The warm shower last night had helped to soothe my sore muscles. Very unlike the cold baths that I was used to.

I swung my legs off the side of the bed and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up. As I returned I realised I had nothing to wear apart from the pale blue jumper I had slept in. Nervously, I picked up the phone and dialled the number to reception and requested some clothing. Within a few minutes, a young lady had brought them to my room. I had been given a set of basic underwear and a T-shirt dress which was oversized but I was extremely thankful regardless.

Nonetheless, I was worried to leave the room. Last night I had managed to sneak into the pack house without bumping into any members of the pack. Well, apart from Ariella. I felt safe in the room but I was unsure of how the Blood Claw pack would react to me, an outsider. Just as my hand was resting on the door knob to leave, someone knocked on the door.

"Iris, are you ready?" Ariella's voice called from behind the door.

"Coming!" I replied, opening the door with a grin.

"Good morning, sunshine!" She laughed, linking arms with me and leading me down the stairs we had come up the previous night. "How did you sleep?".

"Amazing." I stressed, "I just can't believe what has happened in just a few hours!" I finished, jumping off the bottom step and following her in the direction of what I presumed was the dining area.

"I understand completely." She replied, leading me through an arched entrance into an empty room full of tables and chairs. "A similar thing happened to me when I met Axel. It was overwhelming." She finished, walking over to a table full of refreshments.

"Definitely." I agreed, following her lead and helping myself to a green tea and a croissant before sitting opposite her on a small table. "I'm so relieved to have found you here too." I smiled, "I really need a friend right now!".

"Of course!" Ariella grinned. "And we have so much to catch up on. It's been a whirlwind since I arrived here.".

"Honestly, nothing much has changed in the old pack." I said, taking a bite of my croissant.

"I'm not surprised with your stubborn father still in charge." She retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Right?" I laughed, thinking of his strict rules he hadn't altered in his whole time of being Alpha. "But tell me about you and Axel!" I grinned, taking a sip of tea.

"Well," she started, her face lighting up with the mention of his name. "I was out hunting when we met. Without realising I had got really close to the border whilst he was on border patrol. There was no way I could leave him and go back to the pack." She sighed, smiling sadly at me. "Not long after, I found out he was Beta of the pack which made me Beta female. It was a lot to process, but I'm so happy. I couldn't have asked for a better person or pack to be around.".

I was so happy for her. Her whole life she wished to find her mate and have a loving family. Alike me in a sense, her family were cold and unaffectionate. But, they had never rejected her as their own. "I'm sure you're a wonderful Beta female. You've always been the motherly type." I smiled.

Her blue eyes glistened as she let out a laugh before inhaling deeply. "Talking about motherly, I feel like I should tell you something." She paused, biting her lip nervously.