16

Waking up naked in bed with Zander wasn't as daunting as I had expected. In fact, I felt more happy and relaxed than ever.

Zander and I had finished the mating process, which meant there was a chance that I could be pregnant. The thought of little versions of us running around gave me goosebumps. It would be so perfect.

My thoughts stopped when Zander moved next to me, murmuring incoherent words before cuddling closer to my chest. He must have been the cutest Alpha in all of England. Of course he would strongly disagree but it was most certainly true.

Subconsciously, my hand brushed through his hair as my thoughts wandered to what he would think about having children

Subconsciously, my hand brushed through his hair as my thoughts wandered to what he would think about having children. Would he really want kids with me? I mean, I'm not exactly perfect...

"Don't you dare think that for a second." Zander suddenly growled out, "I heard those thoughts and they are wrong. Completely." He finished sternly, pulling my chin up with his fingers, forcing me to make eye contact as he spoke the words of reassurance I needed. "I love you, Iris. I don't care how long it will take before you understand that, but I will keep telling you until you do. I love you so much. Having pups with you would be a dream come true."

I couldn't stop the tears that welled up in my eyes from falling. "I'm sorry for being so silly. I know you love me, it's just hard to comprehend sometimes. I love you too." I mumbled out through stray tears, curling tightly into his embrace. '"But please don't call our babies pups." I giggled.

"Why not? They will be pups." He grumbles, I could hear the pout through his words. He could be so adorable.

"Sexy."

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Sexy. I'm sexy, not adorable." He stated, smirking.

Playfully, I slap his chest. "Stop listening to my thoughts!" I laughed. "And you are adorable."

"Fine, if I am then so are you." He smirked, as if he thought that would cause me to be equally offended.

"Thanks baby, how sweet of you." I cooed, knowing that labelling him as sweet would only cause him to sulk even more.

The scowl that made it's way onto his face only made the laughter I was trying to hold in burst out. "What are you laughing at?" He muttered, trying to stop his smile from showing.

"She's laughing at the size of your dick!" Shouted a voice from outside the room, sounding very familiar to Logan.

"You better run, Logan!" I shouted as Zander launched himself out of the bed, pulling on some joggers quickly. Hearing footsteps running away outside, Zander barged out of the door and chased after his younger sibling.

Laughing to myself, I slipped out of bed and pulled on some clothes. A pair of jeans, a white top and some fluffy white socks. Zander seemed to be quite scared of them, genuinely believing that they were made of animal fur. He was either part idiot or he forgot that I am a werewolf too.

"Hey love." I cheered as I walked into the living room, noticing Ariella parked on the sofa. "How are you?" I asked, sitting beside her.

"Oh, just great." She remarked, sarcasm laced into each word. "The baby is due in a few months and the nursery isn't even complete! We need paint, his cradle and just... Ugh, everything!"

"Hey, relax okay? We can sort this out. How about we go shopping today and get all of the stuff you need?" I asked, rubbing her shoulder gently. "We'll take Lawson with us, I'm sure he needs a break from Logan, and he can help us carry stuff." I suggested, watching a smile slowly grow on her face.

"You're the bestest best friend a girl could ask for." She grinned, pulling me into a quick hug. "I'll go get my purse and we can go." She rushed out, scooting out of the door.

Waiting for her to return I mind linked Lawson and told him to meet us in the living room in five minutes, knowing that he would take any chance to get away from Logan for a few hours.

"So, I'm going to assume that you're going shopping and want me to carry your stuff?" Lawson asked whilst entering the room smirking.

"Well, technically you will be pushing the stuff because it'll be in a trolley-" I stopped my argument when he gave me a raised eyebrow expression. "Okay, maybe you're right. But you should feel flattered! We're just complimenting your strength really." I grinned, hoping the boost of his ego would edge him towards helping us.

"Wait, we? Who else is going?" He questioned.

"Just Ariella" I whispered quickly, knowing the thought of her would put him off completely.

"Oh, no! I can't go anywhere with her. She almost killed me just for asking if she wanted a burger! I was just trying to be thoughtful and she bit my head off and said I was calling her fat. I can't deal with hormonal baby women. Nope. Not going." He rushed out, turning to walk out of the room when he was stopped by the teary eyed Ariella in front of him. "Oh shit." He muttered, eyes bulging at the sight.

"I'm sorry, okay? I just can't control my hormones right now-" She whimpered, but was cut off as Lawson pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry. Fuck, I didn't mean to make you cry Ariella." He mumbled, stroking her back comfortingly.

Smiling, I admired how the Reid brothers respected women. If they upset someone they would always apologise and find a way to make it better. Lawson was a prime example.

"It's okay, it was my fault anyway." She sniffled, pulling away. "So Iris, shall we go? It's already twelve o'clock."

"I will come." Lawson sighed, a guilty expression covering his face.

"No, no it's fine. We can manage." Ariella insisted, attempting to act unaffected by his earlier words.

"You know I didn't mean the things I said Ariella, I was just a little scared of you - but I was just overreacting. I'm coming to help you guys. I'll be in my car so meet me outside when you're ready." He stated and walked out of the room.

"He is a good lad." I stated, smiling towards Ariella before we linked arms and sauntered to Lawson's car.

"Shotgun." I shouted, running to the front door of the car, watching amusingly as Ariella scowled at me as she lowered herself into the back seat.

~~~

We were walking around a paint shop looking at the amount of cream shades they had, ranging from 'cocoa butter' to 'egyptian cotton'. There were hundreds.

"Just choose one, they all look the same anyway." Lawson exclaimed, stepping back and bumping into a girl. Immediately, he stiffened and turned around, staring at the girl intently.

"Mate." They whispered in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate all the love! Thanks for reading.