21

I was nervous.

What if he didn't... like me? Would he even know who I was? I suppose my Mother would have told him; but what if he had forgot? He was going to hate me!

"Iris, I swear if anymore of those thoughts go through your head I will never let you watch The Notebook again." Zander growled out softly.

"...You know it's true," I grumbled lowly, hoping he wouldn't hear.

"No more Ryan Gosling for you then, darling." He sang, a smirk finding its way onto his annoyingly perfect face.

"What? No! I'm sorry. You can't do that to me," I pleaded, doing the best pouty face he could't say no to.

Sighing, he softly kissed my hand that was entwined with his. "It's still banned for a week."

I don't reply to him. He was so unfair. The Notebook was my pride and joy.

Trees morphed into a leafy blur as the car zoomed down the deserted road. We had been driving for at least two hours now, and it still looked like we were in the middle of nowhere.

"Are you actually mad?" Zander joked, poking my side.

I was not breaking my silence.

"Don't be mad, I love you." He cooed.

The love card, that was low.

"You're so beautiful." He cheesed.

He was not getting a response.

"I'll buy you chocolate if you want, baby." He reasoned.

Chocolate?

"...What kind of chocolate?" I questioned. Nobody could resist chocolate... Could they?

"Any kind of chocolate you want." He grinned, glancing at my overjoyed expression.

"Really?" I replied, childishly.

"Really." He retorted.

"I guess you are forgiven then." I mumbled, eyeing the huge house looming ahead of us. "This place is huge."

"It is." Zander agreed, rolling into the long driveway carefully.

Ancient statues lined the sides of the driveway, the plain colours clashing against the vibrant flowers scattered across the lush, emerald lawn. The cobble crunched beneath the car, protesting against the unwanted weight. Looming overhead was the castle, it's size intimidating. Red bricks formed the outer walls, giving a vintage, homely feel. A strong, wooden door caught my attention, with lettering and pictures carved into it.

The car pulled to a halt. "Are you ready for this?" Zander asked sincerely, looking me in the eyes.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I breathed, swiftly pecking him on the cheek.

Stepping out of the car, we walked towards the door. Zander placed a few knocks on it as I waited anxiously, analysing the pictures embedded in the door closely.

The door swung open and I held my breath. Would it be him?

Looking up, I let out a sigh of relief at the sight of my Mother. "Hi, Mum." I said.

"Iris! How are you sweetie?" She questioned, ushering Zander and I into the spaceous foyer.

Everything was white. White walls, carpets and furniture. The only accent of colour was a few splashes of gold on the wall borders and ornaments.

 The only accent of colour was a few splashes of gold on the wall borders and ornaments

"I'm okay, a little nervous." I said, biting my lip.

"Don't be nervous, love! He's your Father. He's so excited to see you." She reassured, steering me in the direction of a long hallway. At the bottom there was a door with a bold, gold sign reading "Mr. White".

"Just go knock on there, he's waiting for you." My Mother spoke.

I looked at Zander, he seemed to read my mind. "I'll stay out here with your Mum, you two should be alone for this." He whispered to me, pressing a kiss next to my lips.

"Okay, see you soon." I muttered, walking towards the door.

I had no idea how to feel; scared, happy, nervous? My feelings were jumbled and I couldn't think straight.

I was finally meeting my Father. My real Father.

Standing in front of the door, I softly knocked twice, hoping that he heard.

"Come in." A deep, slightly familiar voice rumbled. That voice.

My hand shook as I twisted the doorknob, pushing open the door. In front of me, sat on a huge pine desk was a man. A very tall man, even taller than Zander. His hair was a mass of blonde curls, eyes pools of blue. Identical to my own.

I didn't realise I was crying until a choked sob escaped my mouth, "Dad?" I cried.

Within seconds I was enveloped into a warm chest, his large arms hugging me tightly. "My beautiful Iris... my little princess." He murmured into my hair, squeezing me a little tighter.

"I can't believe you're real," I whimpered, wrapping my arms into his welcoming embrace.

"I'm real: I just can't believe how much you've grown." He said, pulling away to stare down at me with glassy eyes. His hand stroked my hair as he watched me in awe, "You look so much like your Mother."

"So I've been told," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist again. "I really have a Mum and Dad. I have a family." I sighed, relishing in something that I've never experienced before.

"I'm so sorry for what you had to go through, but it was our only safe option for you. At the time you was born it was too dangerous for you to live with us. But from now on, your Mother and I will always be there for you." He explained, as his fingers brushed my hair.

"I know... And it was worth it." I responded, letting go of him.

"You're a very special girl Iris, I hope you know that." He stated, reminding me exactly where I had heard his voice before.

"Your voice, it was in my dream!" I exclaimed, remembering the confusion I had felt only yesterday.

"Ah, that wasn't me sweetheart. That would have been my brother." He explained, causing my curiosity to grow. "But we don't need to talk about that right now, I think I have a mate of yours to meet." He grinned, raising his eyebrows.

Blushing, I nodded and followed him out of the room and towards what I assumed was the kitchen. We walked in to find Zander and my Mum laughing as she stirred something on the hob.

"Hey sweetness," Dad grinned, kissing my Mum on the cheek. She blushed, pushing his chest playfully.

"Hi." She mumbled back, trying to ignore his arm sliding around her waist as she concentrated on cooking.

"Our daughter grew up to be a beauty just like you. She even got a looker for her mate as you did!" He joked, strolling closer to us. Zander was sat on a breakfast stool and I was leaning between his legs, my back against his chest.

"Nice to meet you son, I'm Drake White. I hope you've been treating my daughter well." Dad greeted, shaking hands with Zander.

"It's an honour to meet you, sir. I hope I'm treating her good, I try to make her the happiest she can be." He admitted, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"He makes me happy." I smiled, squeezing his hand slightly. So happy.

-----------------------••••••••••••••••••••------------------

Thank you for reading!!!