26

"Queen Iris!" A young, excited voice squealed.

Zander and I had just arrived in the rogue territory, and the pack of rogues had seemed to have grown since yesterday. There was probably a hundred people today whereas only around eighty rogues were there yesterday.

Unfamiliar people were crowding around my old pack house, watching me curiously. The pack house was ancient, but it's large size was looming over them intimidatingly.

"Hello sweetheart," I replied, grinning down at the adorable child.

"Are you going to wear a crown?" The little girl asked curiously.

"I don't know, do you think it'd suit me?" I laughed.

Quickly, she nodded. "Yes! Shall I make you one Iris?" She exclaimed.

"I'd love that!" I said happily, smiling as she scuttled into the direction of the pack house.

The rest of the pack was silent. If it wasn't for Zander's arm wrapped around my waist I'm sure my nerves would have been eating me alive. It had felt strange coming back onto this territory, and I had tried to rid myself of the horrible memories of my past life here.

"I think we should go to the meeting room, please follow me." I projected loudly to the crowd. The meeting room was the place where pack meetings were held. It had a microphone at the front on a stage and the rest of the room was full of comfortable seats.

As fast as I could, I made my way through the crowd with Zander flanking my side. Eyes were staring at me, probably trying to work out my character.

Soon, everyone was seated and I was standing in front of the pack on the stage. Zander had kissed my cheek reassuringly before sitting on a chair behind me.

"Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all had a restful sleep." I started politefully. "Today I've come to introduce myself and hopefully we can sort arrangements and some obvious laws.

Well, as most of you probably know, I'm Queen Iris.. you can call me Iris, or whatever you like; as long as it isn't abusive please." I joked, hoping to warm up the tense atmosphere.

A few smiles were dotted through the crowd, resulting in my nerves settling slightly. "I noticed more members today, which is good. I want as many rogues as possible to join this pack. The word will spread soon that I accept anyone, of course under a few circumstances I may not allow some to join. However if I feel they are no threat to us or I could possibly help them to be no threat then they will be allowed."

Nods went around the pack as they agreed to my circumstances.

"Last week two of Zander's pack members were murdered by rogues. If anyone has any information on that I would like you to see me at the end. Those people have devastated a child's life. These kind of people will not be allowed anywhere near our pack, and when we find out who did it..." I trailed.

"Anyway, I want you all to know that I do not accept any rogue attacks, and if any of you conflict any pain on other pack members you will be punished appropriately."

A middle aged man raised his hand. "You can ask questions after, I promise." I said, smiling at him. He nodded and lowered his hand.

"Obviously, the pack house is absolutely huge with it's fifty single rooms and thirty family rooms. But, people are known to want privacy and houses are dotted around on the land." I stated,

"I'm going to leave a form on the wall after this meeting, I need you all to write your names and what kind of room you will need. Single, family or your own house. I will sort it out and have keys delivered to you all as soon as possible."