10

Waking up, I looked around at my surroundings. "Where am I?" I thought aloud, looking around the dim room and the red satin sheets covering the bed I was laid on.

"Oh, you're awake." I heard a fairly familiar voice say from next to me. Looking in that direction, I noticed my apparent "mother" staring at me.

"Where's Zander?" I asked, instantly panicking. Is he okay?

"Zander is fine, darling. We are back at the pack house. Just keep calm. I have to tell you what is happening." She murmured, pushing back my shoulders so I leant against the cushions which propped me up slightly.

I sighed, "I have so many questions for you.".

"I know, but let me explain first. Ask me what you wish after." She said, brushing some of my hair behind my ear.

"Iris, as you know - you are my first born child. However, you were not carried in my womb. Diamond, the woman who you thought was your mother, was your surrogate. My abilities allow me to grow my child in another woman which is usually the safest option. I couldn't care for you at that time and I am so sorry. But you would have been in so much danger." She whispered the last part gently, almost like it was a secret. "I've always watched over you. I understand the pain you have been through. I can't apologise enough for the despicable man that you were left with. I couldn't do anything until you had reached a certain age and by then you had already found the courage to leave." She sighed, holding my hand in hers. "Iris, you are of a significant importance in the supernatural world. You are the second strongest supernatural in this world. You are so much more powerful than you may think." She finished.

I stared at her wide eyed, trying to soak in all of the information she had just told me. But the only thing I could do at this time was cry. My life has been a lie. I felt her arms pull me into a hug and my body instantly calmed at her touch. She must have been working her magic.

I sniffled, half smiling. "I've always wanted a Mum." I blabbered.

A chuckle escaped her lips, "Darling, after all I just told you, that's all you want to tell me? I was expecting a lot of anger coming my way.".

Laughing, I shook my head. "The past is the past, keep dwelling on it and you won't get anywhere. I have questions but right now I am way too overwhelmed to even speak about this." I spoke, amazed that I genuinely had a mother.

She stared at me with many emotions swirling through in her eyes: pride, adornment and love. Love. Something I hadn't experienced before meeting my Zander.

"Is Zander here? I need to see him." I said, looking towards the door. I couldn't find his scent.

"Zander is in his bedroom, waiting for you. He was going crazy, because you fainted after I told you who I was. He got to you before I did, and he had ran from the car." She chuckled, "I'm glad he makes you happy, that Alpha cares for you very much."

I nodded, smiling brightly. "I know, I am so lucky to have him. Zander means the world to me." I replied, sitting up. "Can I go to see him now?".

"Sure, just take it easy." She smiled, helping me to my feet.

Looking down, I noticed what I was wearing and blushed. "Uh... Why am I wearing this?" I asked, pointing to the black, lacy underwear and stockings.

"We had to keep you in your underwear, since you were overheating. But it had to be changed since you have been unconscious for 2 days." She said, however a ghost of a smile lined her lips.

"And this has absolutely nothing to do with Zander?" I asked, giving her a pointed look.

"No. Nothing at all." She giggled, sounding much younger than her age. She handed me a oversized shirt, that looked suspiciously similar to Zander's, so that I could cover myself up.