Kitten

A/N: ^^^^ This is Selina's charm on Alyssa's bracelet

*2 years later*

"Harvey!" a woman called, climbing the stairs to the detective's desk. She frowned when there was a man much younger than the one she was looking for there. "You're not Harvey. How come you're not Harvey?"

"I'm his partner. James Gordon."

"Oh yeah, I saw you in the papers. Look, I'd love to stay and chat, but the goon at the warehouse told me I'd find Harvey here. You know where he is?"

(across the prenict)

"Selina-"

"Cat." she corrected.

"Cat." the man sighed. "If if you didn't have outstanding warrants, you're twelve. No parents or guardians."

"That's not true, I have a mom."

"Says here she's deceased." he looked at the clipboard.

"That's not what I'm talking about!"

"Selina!"

The man and the young girl both whirled around.

"Alyssa!" they both ran forward into each other's arms.

"Oh kitten, don't you ever scare me like that again!" Alyssa held her close, "I thought I lost you..."

"Can't get rid of me that easy."

"So this is your daughter?" Jim asked. "I thought she was one of the street kids the snatchers picked up."

"She was." Alyssa sighed. "Selina here's one of my kids. Hi, I didn't exactly introduce myself earlier. I'm Alyssa Connors. The papers like to call me 'Mama Gotham.'"

Jim's eyes widened slightly. "You're the one that's been taking in street kids."

"Yup. And I'm the one that gets them outta trouble with you cops."

"Well good samaritan or not, you're not this girl's legal guardian. So I can't release her to you."

Selina glanced between the adults. "What if I had something you really really wanted? Then could you get me out of here?"

"What are you talking about?" Jim asked.

"I've been watching you." she sat down on the bench. "You're a friend of the boy. And you're not like all the other crooks in this place."

"The boy?" Jim sat next to her. "Bruce?"

"Kitten, what did you do?" Alyssa asked.

"The Mario Pepper guy was a patsy, huh?" Selina said evenly as though she were talking about the weather.

"....What makes you say that?" Jim asked, giving himself away.

"Could you?" Selina asked. "Could you get me out? I've got a shift at Alyssa's restaurant in the morning."

"Its possible."

"I saw who really killed the Waynes." she revealed to the adults. "Saw him clear as day."