9.

ETHANS POV

She's wearing a black dress that covers her up to her knees. She looks beautiful. How did I get so lucky to have her. To think she was a fan and now I'm with her. I'm glad she waisted her time fangirling over me and not being a horny bunny like everyone else in high school.

She gives me a big smile and touches my hand which is extended across the table.

"what are you thinking"

"I'm reflecting on how lucky I am to have you"

"are you sure you haven't done romance before bc you seem quite the expert on it"

"just with you baby" I giver her a wink and I see her cheeks blush.

She's perfect.

"So why the fancy dinner?"

"It's a surprise, come with me"

I stand up and extend my hand. She places her hand on mine. I lead her to the patio of the restaurant while holding her hand like a couple. I notice her looking at me in disbelief.
I keep on looking ahead and smile inside.

Yes, I'm holding your hand like my girlfriend.

The patio has lights hanging from the ceiling and there's a bench in which I sit her.

"When I saw you, I had no idea we were going to be standing where we are. I was immediately attracted to you and as I got to know you I immediately became more and more infatuated. I've never done this whole hearts and flowers deal as you know. I apologize for giving you a hard time. I just have my ways. I know I've asked you to be patient in our relationship"

I notice her face sadden

Does she think I won't ask her out? I need to speed it up before she gets mad again.

"I can't bare to be without you, I need you to be mine"

I take out a box. It's a donut shaped silver necklace. I turn it around and it has a caption.

I promise to create happiness in you

"Omg Ethan" her face lightens up letting out a big smile

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I look at her in the eye.

"I-"

She places her face on her hands.

Is she saying no?

I feel her hands wrap around my hair and she kisses me. She pulls apart and leaves me breathless

"Yes" she says with her eyes looking at my lips and with a smile. She looks blushed.

Our foreheads are touching but our lips are inches apart. I let out a huge smile.

This has had to be the happiest I've been my whole life. Wow, she means way more to me than I realize.

My heart lightens when I hear those words come out of her mouth. I pull her in for a kiss and kiss her slowly and gentle, like I've never kissed her before. We pull apart minutes later.

"Will you put it on?"

"Of course, girlfriend."

She turns around and I put it on her. She grabs the necklace and stares at it.

"Is this our promise necklace?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to do the old promise ring"

"Ethan... you make me incredibly happy"