Chapter 10 - A Mistake.

All Rights Reserved

©Sapphiresamo 

----

Chapter 10

A Mistake.

The small part of me that had wished for Kayden to show up was currently going crazy at the sight of him. While the other part of me that was still angry at him, was furious that he was actually here.

Ignoring his previous comment about me being so called ‘Cinderella’, I took my heel off and glanced up at him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked bluntly.

Shrugging he looked down at me with a smug grin. “I’m here for the dance, of course.”

Rolling my eyes at his response, I picked up both of my high heels. “Why? It’s a school function.”

“Well,” he started, shoving his hands into his pocket and flashing me a perfect grin. “I got invited by someone who goes here; I must say I’m glad I came.”

“I bet he practised that in the mirror.” I mumbled incoherently staring at his smug face.

I watched hesitantly as Kayden took a step towards me, and I, as a reflex stepped back. As I stood there I could feel the presence of the wall behind me, making me realise that I wouldn’t be able to go back if he advanced towards me. It wasn’t as if he was too close to me, we were about ten footsteps apart from each other and I didn’t really want him to invade my personal space. Partly because I didn’t know what I would do, it was possible that I would lash out at him or maybe even worse.

“You know, I know where you work and where you go to school, but I don’t know your name. How weird is that?” Kayden muttered, giving me a weird look. His head was tilted to one side as he continued to look at me. His brown hair was styled to one side giving him the ‘bad boy’ look and I couldn’t help but look at him. Mary was right, he did look amazing. He looked even better than the pictures of him in the local magazines.

“Ahem.” Kayden grinned. “Are you finished checking me out?”

Blushing slightly at the thought that I had been staring at Kayden, I tried to control my very red cheeks and started to walk away from him.

“So, what is it?” he asked moving in front of me.

“What’s what?” I stated, standing still since he was blocking me from leaving.

“Your name.” He continued, his alluring blue eyes staring down at me.

Gulping unconsciously I muttered a reply. “It doesn’t matter.”

Trying to move away from Kayden again, I attempted to side-step him. “Why not?”  He demanded, blocking my way again. “I’m pretty sure your name is an important thing.”

Sighing I ran a hand through my feather like hair. “Well, apparently not to you.”

“What?” He asked confusion etching across his perfect facial features.

“Nothing.” I snapped back, staring at the floor in order to avoid his gaze and questions. Luckily we were interrupted by a voice.

“Hey Kay-Kay, are you here?” the voice yelled.

Kayden turned around and glanced back at someone. I watched as his face lifted into a grin when he saw the person who was calling him.

“Hey Kyra,” he laughed waving the person over.

Who was Kyra? Was this the ‘someone’ he mentioned that invited him?

Before I could even continue questioning, I was shocked when I saw the person appear in front of us.