Chapter 13 - Old Friends.

All Rights Reserved

©Sapphiresamo 

----

Chapter 13

Old Friends.

I found myself awake at eight in the morning, cleaning everything and anything. Scrubbing, vacuuming, wiping and washing various things to be exact. I was starting to doubt my decision to have him come here.

Did I even want to talk to him?

Was him coming to my house a bad choice? What if he brought Kyra along? What is their relationship? She seems to be around him all the time. Is he going out with her?

Taking a deep breath I tried to calm myself down. 

“It was too late to back out now,” I told myself as I finished loading the washer with dishes.

Mum had already left for her job at a law firm. It wasn’t exactly a high paying job, but she’d always been interested in law and so she liked her job. Thankfully Luca had left in the middle of the night, and was nowhere to be seen.

It was getting closer and closer to noon, so I hurried upstairs to shower and get dressed before he arrived. When I emerged from the shower twenty minutes later, my hair was washed and smelled fresh.

Unfortunately I didn’t have Mary’s shampoo or conditioner so it wasn’t as soft as how it was the night of the school dance, but it’d have to do. I quickly went to my closet and threw on some comfortable pair of jeans and a plain top.

At exactly twelve o’clock the doorbell rang and I felt my stomach clench with nervousness. Quickly shaking it off, I hurriedly slipped on my fuzzy house slippers and scampered downstairs.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped up to the front door and whipped it open. As an afterthought I told scolded myself for not checking who it was first, but I pushed this though aside when I saw him standing on my porch with his hands in the pockets of his black slim jeans.

He had been looking down at his feet, but looked up when he heard me open the door.

“Hey.”

“Hi,” I greeted with a small smile spread across my face.

A second wave of nervousness hit me as I watched him stand there. I still wasn’t sure this was the right thing or smartest thing to do. But like I had said earlier, I reminded myself once again that it was too late to back out.

“I’ll pick you up in a bit. Bye!” A voice yelled from behind. I watched as Kayden turned around and waved at the car that whizzed pass.

“Who was that?”  I asked, watching the car.

“Kyra.” He replied simply.

“Oh.”

After a couple of seconds or so Kayden cleared his throat, “Uh, it’s kind of cold out here.” He hinted and I saw his breath form into small puffs of cloud.

“Yeah, sorry. Come in.” I muttered stepping back into the room allowing him to come in and escape the cold November air.

He stepped around me and started to remove his leather jacket. Suddenly a wave of consciousness swam through me as I watched him stand in my house.

He was probably used to big mansions like the one Stanley owned and probably even lived in one himself. There weren’t many high class neighbourhoods in town, but the few that were around had amazing big houses in it. And compared to those my house looked like an old shack.