Chapter 25 - Having A Moment?

All Rights Reserved

©Sapphiresamo 

----

Chapter 25

Having A Moment? 

Kayden was right, it was worth it.

We made a quick detour to my house so I could grab my swimsuit because Kayden was pretty adamant that I would need it. Thankfully Luca wasn’t home so I didn’t run into him and was out of there as soon as I found my swimsuit.

Arriving at Kayden’s extravagant home, he took me straight to the back where the dock was. Kayden’s large speed boat was stationed at the boards, ready and waiting for us.

It had been a long time since I had been in water and an even longer time since I had been on a boat. I sat at the front, enjoying the feeling of water splashing against my skin as we raced out onto the lake.

When we finally left Kayden’s private area, I soon noticed that other people were out on their boats. Several even slowed down to wave at us when we came near.

After exchanging greetings with people, Kayden tried to teach me how to drive his boat. But, after a near death experience for both of us and a person on a Jet Ski, he gave up.

After a while of cruising around we found a less hectic area of the lake. That’s were missing school turned from being worth it, to not being worth it.

I’m still not entirely sure how Kayden convinced me to get on a piece of plastic and hold on to a stick of wood attached to the back of the boat by a rope, but he did. I found myself twenty feet away, strapped in boots that were a few sizes too big, floating with my legs in front of me and a round stick of wood wedged between my fingertips.

“You can do this, it’s so simple.” He told me, before showing me how to come to a standing position on the board. Surprisingly before we started moving, I actually believed Kayden.

In theory it was easy if you had been doing it for a while, but when it’s your first time, it’s not. I learned that pretty quickly. After a few failed attempts at getting up, Kayden coached me again. At about my tenth time of trying to stand up, I finally got it. If only for a second. The next second, I found myself hurtling down towards the foggy water, hardly getting a chance to take a breath in before face planting.

“Remind me to never believe you when you say something is really easy to do.” I huffed later, as I wrapped myself in a soft beach towel. Kayden had just finished fishing me out from the water.

Kayden laughed opening up a cooler. “What? I thought you did quite well for a first timer.”

“I stood up for a whole two seconds before smacking face first into the water.” I glowered at him, rubbing my sore forehead.

He straightened up and tossed me a can of cola. Thankfully I caught it right before it, too, hit me in the head. Glaring at him, I watched as he sat opposite me on the lounge.

“Okay,” he shrugged. “Your fall was pretty bad,” I shot him a withering stare and he held up his hands in defence. “But, like I said before, you did do well for your first time! You’ll do better next time, trust me.”

“Right,” I sniggered. “As if my experience just now didn’t assure me not to trust you.”

Kayden didn’t say anything; he just sat watching me with a slightly entertained look on his face. I turned away watching a few other people successfully do what I was attempting to do.

Secretly I wished one of them would trip over a fish and crash into the water, so I wouldn’t feel like a big failure. But unfortunately none of them did.