Chapter 20 - The Party.

All Rights Reserved

©Sapphiresamo 

----

Chapter 20

The Party.

“I’m sorry; she just called last minute and asked for a ride.” Kayden whispered as we glided out of his comfortable car. I looked over at Kyra who was jumping ecstatically with excitement.

Earlier on this evening, after I had got ready Kayden appeared at my house, with Kyra alongside. Kyra informed me that she didn’t have a date so she thought she’d ask Kayden to go with her. But then found out he was going with me and decided to tag along anyway.

“It’s okay.” I said smoothing down my only dress and focusing on the building in front of us.

Once again Stanley’s huge house amazed me. I don’t see how someone so young could own such a nice place. I guess that’s the perk of being the son of a millionaire? What amazed me the most was the number of people packed inside his house, weren’t they worried that they had to be at school the next day?

“Or did they even go to school still?” I added mentally, as I saw a middle-aged woman trying to pass as a teen. Not a pretty sight.

Kayden touched my arm and motioned for me to follow him. Kyra had already whizzed past us and into the house. Wounding our way through the people to a less crowded area, I found myself near a group of guys who were playing some pool.

Kayden walked over to them, grinning as he spoke. “Nice party.”

Stanley rested his cue on the table and reached out for Kayden’s hand. “Thanks man.”

“I didn’t think you’d show up tonight.”

“Change of plans.” Kayden told him, glancing back at me.

I smiled in his direction and then turned towards the drinks section which was over-crowded by a group of people. Amongst them I saw Nelly who was consecutively downing some shots and within a couple looked as if she was going to face plant the ground any second now.

As I continued to observe the people around me, I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me onto the brimming dance floor. “What are you doing?” She whispered loudly at me.

“Hello to you too…” I replied with a tinge of sarcasm, whilst also trying not to bump into the people surrounding me. “I’m standing here…”

Mary’s black outlined eyes widened to a deathly glare as she pulled me away from the dance floor and now towards a table. “Exactly! Why aren’t you over there talking to him?”

I looked over my shoulder and saw Kayden do the same for a brief moment. I turned back to Mary. “Because he’s busy with his friends.”

Mary rolled her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. “Didn’t he invite you?”

Awkwardly, I nodded.

“So you should be with him!” Mary looked like she was going to continue her lecture, but stopped and glanced over my shoulder. Her scowl instantly transformed into a smile, baffling me for a moment. I followed her gaze and found Kayden heading our way.

“Hey, I’m going to get a drink, do you want anything?” He said, but then turned towards Mary. “Hi, Mary right?”

Mary nodded, her lips pulled tight into a smile. “Yep. That’s me.” She replied after a moment.

I looked away from her beaming and replied to Kayden’s earlier question. “Sure, I’ll take a drink if there’s anything non-alcoholic.”

He nodded and looked at Mary, “Do you want anything?”