Chapter Thirty Six

Mistletoe

~Narrator~

Draco held onto Arden's hand tightly as the young couple walked through the deep snow in Hogsmeade. Draco tried to contain his shivering as the cold wind beat against him, but Arden didn't overlook it.

"Draco, are you sure you don't want your coat back?" She asked.

During Arden's many stages of grief, she has finally moved beyond the bitterness and constant pushing away of those close to her. Well, maybe the bitterness still remained... but now Arden has become more careless and forgetful. Her mind would be occupied on other things. Studying with Draco, doing school work, meeting with the D.A and daydreaming about Draco.

She occupied herself to forget about the tragic incident of Cedric's passing. Something as simple as thinking about her dreamy blonde boyfriend was enough for her to not cry over her brother.

But her constant busy bee attitude has meant she would be forgetful. She'd be so invested with homework that she'd forget about Dinner. She'd be so busy practicing defence spells that Harry taught her that she'd forget her coat before going outside.

"I'd rather me freeze to death than you, love." Draco said with chattering teeth.

Arden threw her arms around Draco and tried to warm him up in a tight embrace. Her freezing cold hands didn't help, but the affection from Arden that Draco had missed so dearly did.

"Come on, I'm sure a hot drink can warm you up better than me." Arden smiled.

The blonde and brunette sighed of relief as the feeling of heat washed over them when they entered the Three Broomsticks. They found themselves a table and sat down across from each other.

"I can't tell you how much I've missed being with you, Arden." Draco hummed.

Arden chuckled. "You've been with me all year, are you okay in the head?" She joked. Draco felt pain in his heart. He thought she should be asking herself that. The unpredictable moods she's been going through over her brother's death, it worried Draco. He had missed the simple times where he wouldn't listen to her cry whenever he was with her.

"I know, I just missed you being happy." He smiled. Draco held Arden's hand from across the table and looked deeply into her eyes. Butterflies ran through his body as her pupils dilated when she looked at him. Seeing her smile just made him melt. Not even the glaring Harry Potter a few tables by them could ruin this moment for Draco.

Hermione kicked Harry's foot under the table.

"Ow! What?" Harry hissed.

"Honestly you have got to get over it!" Hermione snapped. She looked over at Arden and Draco and smiled. "They're adorable!" She swooned.

"I'd hate to agree with her mate, but you have to let it go." Ron sighed while sipping his butterbeer.

"I'm sorry, do you not remember practically raging at me when you found out they were together?" Harry spat.

Hermione scoffed. "Oh please that was probably more you than Ron."

"Look as much as I hate the self righteous git, she's not being a bitch like befo- OW!"

"RONALD!" Hermione yelled. The trio quickly glanced over at Arden and Draco, and sighed of relief as they continued to laugh together.

"Didn't you maybe think that her attitude changed after she talked to me?" Harry suggested.

Ron shrugged. "Whatever it is, she's still not into you." He said bluntly. "You just have to accept that."

Harry looked over at Draco and Arden, as jealousy was running through his veins. He wished that he was the one sitting with her, and not the blonde that was nothing but filth in Harry's eyes.