Chapter Sixty Two

Lena's Letters

Draco and Arden had been seeing each other almost every night for the past few days.

He'd been skipping some classes, and spending his time after school working on what he needed to do for the Dark Lord. He and Arden only had time together at night, for he was gone whenever class wasn't on.

It made him feel sane again. They wouldn't just have sex every time they were together at night, they would talk and joke like they did before everything went downhill. Their time at night made him feel human again, and not just an emotionless monster ordered to kill.

A clock on the wall chimed 12 am. It was officially Christmas Day.

The sound of the clock woke Arden up. She carefully slipped out of Draco's arms to find the Christmas gift she had gotten him.

Draco squirmed under the covers, immediately waking up knowing that Arden wasn't there. "What are you doing?" He asked tiredly.

Arden was rummaging through her school bag, looking for the gift. "Shush, go back to sleep."

"I can't go back to sleep knowing you're up to something." Draco sat up, and looked down at her quizzically. "What are you doing?" He repeated.

"I'm looking for the present I got you." Draco raised an eyebrow, after spending most time on his mission, Draco never really kept track of what day it was anymore. "It's Christmas." Arden said.

Draco rolled his eyes and rested his head back on the pillow. "Christmas is a Hallmark Holiday as the Americans say, so don't bother." He brushed off.

Arden crawled back onto the bed, nudging Draco's shoulder as he pretended to be asleep.

"You can't just say that when you got me a Christmas gift last year." She sighed. "That I still wear."

"I don't need or want anything for Christmas, I just want you to go back to sleep with me." Draco sighed. He eyed the small box in her hand, he couldn't help but be a little curious as to what she got him.

Arden knew Draco too well to know that he'd turn it down. "That's a shame, I guess I'll just keep it to myself." Arden fake yawned and put the box down on the end table next to the bed.

Draco kept staring at the box. "So it's something you could use as well...?" He asked.

Arden picked up the box again, and placed it in his hands. "In all seriousness, I really think that it will help you out with stress and all that..." She whispered.

Draco looked at the box sceptically, but took the lid off of it anyway.

He pulled out the small vial that made his jaw drop. The Liquid Luck that Arden had earned from Potions was in his hand.

"Is this...?"

Arden nodded. "Yeah, you're barely getting sleep, and you're barely eating." She said in a concerned tone. "I thought that maybe this will help you with what you need to do, even if what you're doing is bad, at least you know..." she trailed off.

Draco crashed his lips into hers, holding onto her tightly.

Arden quickly pulled away and laughed. "I told you you'd like it." She teased.

"I can't thank you enough..." Draco sighed. "Seriously, I might be able to get this done sooner thanks to this potion."

Arden smiled, and gently stroked Draco's cheek. "Merry Christmas." She whispered. She gently pulled him into another kiss, rubbing her hands through his hair as he laid her down.