Chapter Fifty Eight

The Mirror of Erised

Draco and Arden both ran up the many staircases up to the 7th floor where the room of requirement was.

Harry, Ron and Hermione had all stopped in their places when they saw the two run out of Potions together.

Hermione felt a slight uncertainty, knowing that Draco had hurt Arden so much. She hoped that Arden wouldn't be naive and believe everything Draco said and take him back in an instant. However Hermione only wanted Arden to be truly happy, and if Draco could redeem himself in such a short amount of time, then so be it.

Ron felt the same way as Hermione, although Ron was going to miss Arden's rants every weekend.

And of course, Harry was gaining a headache from the inhuman amount of rage he felt. Thanks to Hermione's terrifying glares however, Harry kept his mouth shut.

The pair finally reached the left hand side of the seventh floor. Arden bent over, placing her hands on her knees for support as she panted caused by the unnecessary running.

"Bloody hell I forgot how far away this thing was." She breathed out.

Draco paced in front of the brick wall, expressing his need for the room of hidden things.

The door appeared out of nowhere, and Draco quickly led Arden inside.

She looked around the room quizzically. She had only been in the room of requirement when it took the form of a training room for Dumbledore's Army.

The room was filled with all sorts of objects. Some seemed to be of value, like the large trunk full of all sorts of jewels. The rest of the objects were mundane, old artefacts, and broken furniture.

Draco took Arden's hand. He looked ahead at the room filled with odd objects with a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Draco, what's wrong?" Arden asked.

Draco took a deep breath and kept his eyes ahead.

"I'm going to show you something." He said so quietly Arden almost couldn't hear it. "And I can understand if you run away thinking I'm a monster, but just listen to my reasons when I tell you."

Draco started to slowly step forward, leading Arden through the room.

She felt uneasy, she had no idea what Draco could possibly be up to that would make her run away in fear, or let alone think that he was a monster.

But a potential possibility circled her thoughts. Lucius Malfoy, the Death Eater who knocked her unconscious. The warnings Harry had given her over a year ago. It couldn't be possible, Draco Malfoy wasn't the boy to go down that path.

Arden quickly removed the thoughts, it couldn't be true, it couldn't. What would happen if it were? She knew deep down that Draco would never become a follower of Voldemort by choice.

Draco held onto her hand tightly, leading her deeper into the room of hidden things. However something bright and white appeared out of the corner of Arden's eyes. She stopped, as she looked into a large mirror with golden edges.

Arden furrowed her brow as she stepped closer, not being able to comprehend the unusual sight she saw.

Arden was wearing her normal school uniform, but her reflection was wearing a long, white, flowing gown with laced sleeves. Her hair was pinned up with lose strands framing her face. Daisies sat in her hair, and a long veil was attached to her head. Something shiny glistened in her reflection, which was a large diamond ring that was on her ring finger on her left hand.