Chapter Fourty Nine

Beginning of Year Six

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Arden were all sprinting towards the Hogwarts Express, all pushing their trolleys with full force as they tried to board with only 2 minutes left until the train would depart.

The group finally made it on, and we're searching for a compartment while dragging their trunks through the tight corridor.

Arden noticed the regular train seats that weren't sealed off by compartments, but were instead rows of tables and train seats. She noticed Lena Oxton at the very back sitting with Luna and Neville, but also noticed Draco sitting a few rows in front with Blaise.

"I think I'll go with Lena." Arden said to Hermione. "But keep my trunk with you please?" She asked. Hermione nodded and said goodbye to Arden.

Arden was going to sit with Lena, but only because her seat would give her a decent view of Draco if she turned around slightly. She hoped that maybe a few glances could catch his attention, and maybe get him to talk to her again.

Lena sat next to Luna, playing with red and blue glasses that most likely belonged to Luna. Her pixie cut had grown out into a short bob that stopped right at her chin.

Arden walked down the train making her way towards Luna, but a whistle made her stop.

"Well hello, Arden!" Blaise greeted. He examined her body up and down, then finally made eye contact with her. Arden and Blaise were never too close, but she did think of him as a friend. She had to admit it made her uncomfortable knowing that he was checking her out.

And it made Draco uncomfortable too, in fact, it made him furious. Draco's eyes shot daggers at Blaise, but Blaise was too busy staring at Arden to even notice. Draco wanted to hex Blaise right there for staring at the girl that he loved in such a disgusting way.

Arden quickly shifted her eyes to Draco, and her cheeks immediately turned scarlet with anger as she saw Pansy Parkinson draped over him.

Draco was as stiff as a rock. He wasn't happy that Pansy was all over him, but couldn't be bothered to get her off. Pansy had her head leaning on his shoulder, and her arms wrapped around his torso. She looked up at Arden and glared at her.

"Move along, cow." She hissed. Draco's body stiffened more at Pansy's words, and his knuckles turned white from how hard he clenched his fists.

Arden rolled her eyes at the two. She loved Draco still, but that didn't stop her from hating his guts at the same time.

"Whatever, I'm delighted that you've finally gotten with the boy you've had a crush on for years." Arden said sarcastically. "I have to warn you though, Draco seems to have fun dating people he doesn't even love." Arden snapped.

Blaise and Pansy's jaws both dropped at the same time as Arden walked away from them. Draco was digging his nails so hard into his skin that it started to draw blood.

He'd never had someone make him feel this way. Making him so angry with himself that he's started to self loath for the terrible mistake he made. He fought back tears as he wondered if Arden was already over him or not. He only wished he could tell her the truth.

Arden smiled as she saw Lena waving at her. She sat down next to Neville and across from Lena and Luna.

"Oh my goodness, Arden! Your head is full of Wrackspurts!" Lena exclaimed.

Arden cocked her head to the side in confusion. "Wrackspurts?"

"They're tiny invisible creatures that fly in through your ear and make your brain go fuzzy." Luna said dreamily.