16.

Lowell's POV

it's been a couple days since we came back from Camille's place. and things have been really good.

River and I were out in the training room now. because she has been bugging to let her wolf out. so I told her I would take her.

but we had to have it locked down. until we where some. because I didn't want anyone walking in.

River was running around when all of a sudden she stopped running. she shifted got dressed and started to head out of the training room.

then I quickly did as well. I quickly caught up to her and she was crying. I looked at her.

" it's my dad. he's sick." she cried.

" what do you mean he's sick?" I questioned.

" Max mind linked me and said I need to come quick. he's not doing good." she cried.

" okay let's go. I will go let Ross know. you put clothes in a bag." I tell her.

she nodded then ran into the house. I mind linked Ross to meet me in my office. he got there just as I did.

" hey what's up man." he asked.

" you need to watch the pack i have to go. rivers dad is sick and it's not good. so I don't know how long I will be gone but if anything happens let me know right away okay." I demand.

" alright good luck." he says and then walks away.

I walk into my room to see River packing a bag. and she is still crying. I pull her into a hug. and she just cried harder.

" I-i can't lose him." she tells me.

" I know. and I can't say you won't cause I don't know. but every thing will be okay. alright." I tell her as I rub her back.

she nodded and then pulled away and zipped up the bag.

" I packed your clothes cause I didn't know how long you would be." she tells me.

" that's fine. you ready to head out." I asked her.

she nodded, then I grab her hand and we start to head out. we make it to the kitchen when I see my mom. she looks at River and then stopped what she is doing.

" what is happing. where are you going." my mom rushed.

" my dads sick. and it's bad." River sniffled.

" oh honey I am so sorry. call me when you get there and keep me posted." my mom smiled a sad smile.

I nod and then we keep on walking. then she stopped when she heard foot steps.we knew it was Sammy cause we could smell him.

" where are you going." he asked.

" we have to go back to rivers pack. her dad is sick." I tell Sammy.

" oh" was all he says.

" ya we have to go. we will see you soon okay." River tells Sammy.

he nods then watches us walk out the door. we get in the car and start the drive. we reach her pack in about four hours.

she slept the whole way there's she is problay tried from all the crying.

" River where here." I tell her.

she opened her eyes. and looked around. then opened her door. and walked out. then I followed and grabbed the bag.

I grabbed her hand and then we made our way into the pack house. when we walked in her brother and a girl who I think was his mate where waiting.