22.

Lowell's POV

I walked Ross up to his room. and he sighed as he sat down on the bench.

" so want to tell me what's going on now." he asked.

" I want to. i really do. but I can't" I tell him.

" why can't you. I am your best friend. And if it has to do with something that can hurt the pack. I need to know" Ross said.

" I know. that's why we need to start to increase training. we need to start with anyone from fifteen to seventeen. then we will increase the training from eighteen to thirty." I tell him.

" Lowell what the hell is going on. you really need to tell me." Ross demand.

" I can't" I yelled.

then Kendall walked in the room.

" what the hell is going on here" she asked.

" noting I was just leaving." I said as I walked out the door.

I walked to my office so I could calm down. I sat down and ran my hands threw my hair. then the door opened and River walked in.

she came up in from of me and grabbed my hands. I smiled then pulled her down so she was sitting on my lap.

" I ugh this is so hard. I want to tell him. but I can't" I sighed.

" Lowell, you can tell him. if you trust him. then so do I. but only him. and I think we need to tell my brother." she explained.

" well before that I need to tell you what happened out there." I told her.

" okay so tell me." she says.

" they know. that guy your dad was talking about. he's coming. I am not sure when. but we need to increase the training. he wants a war. since I wouldn't hand you over." I tell her honestly.

" okay, I am sure my brother would be more then happy to join this." she tells me.

" I don't want to ask. I can't have his pack in danger. I don't want his pack to suffer." I explain.

" if we tell him what's going on. he won't even ask. he will be the one telling you he is doing this." she smiled.

" okay. we will see what we can do" I tell her.

she nodded then leaned in and kissed me. that made me relax instantly. things started to get heated when the door to my office opened.

"oh well um bye" we heard Sammy say.

We pulled away. and River stood up. and stood beside my chair.

" Sammy what's wrong." she asked.

" um your mom wants you in the kitchen" he says to me. " oh and I Knocked but guess you didn't hear" he said then closed the door.

" that was awkward" River laughed.

" ya but come on. let's go see what my mom wants." I smiled then take her hand and walk to the kitchen.

we walked into the kitchen to see my mom crying. I looked at her.

" mom what's wrong." I asked.

" it's your sister. she lost the pup" my mom cried.

" what is she okay. are you and dad going to go see her" I asked.

I looked at River and she looked heart broken.

" ya. your dad and I are going to go see her. she's not doing so well." my mom explained.

" alright go. things are good here tell her I am so sorry." I tell my mom as I pull her into a hug.

I looked behind me to notice River not in the kitchen.

' where did you go' I mind linked her.

' I am in the living room. giving you guys your space' she says back.

my mom pulled away from me. and she whipped her tears.

" okay we we will be back in about two or three days. depending on how things go." my mom tells me.

" okay call me when you get there" I tell my mom.

she nods then walked up the stairs. more likely to her room. then River walked back into the kitchen.

" she's heartbroken" I sighed.

" I know she really was looking forward to this." she says.

" well we could always give her something to look forward to." I suggested.

she looked at me. then smiled.

" you mean" she started but I cut her off.

" yes I mean grand pups" I smiled at her.