Killua X Katsumi X Illumi

The fights continued on, to the point where Katsumi had forgotten to check the roster after every match. Perhaps if she had, she would have seen the next match coming up.

Killua walked to the middle of the floor as Gittarackur walked from the opposite side. Katsumi froze for a moment, she knew her big brother better then anyone. And knowing him, he wouldn't give Killua what he would ask for.

Even Kagome had paused as she quickly stole a look from Katsumi, even she knew that this was not going to end well.

Before the match had begun, Gittarackur had used Killua's nickname, Katsumi simply furrowed her brows in annoyance.

Everyone listened as Illumi talked to Killua, drilling into his head on how Killua is an assassin, how he didn't need friends. At one point, Killua had looked to Katsumi for help, only to see Kagome place a hand in front of her.

Killua stared at his sister. How come she was allowed a friend, and not he? Why was Katsumi allowed to have Kagome by her side? Why was Kagome treated like family, when she was simply Katsumi's friend?

"Because she's a female." Illumi's voice suddenly rang out, causing Killua to look back at him, a questioning look on his face.

"You're wondering why Katsumi is able to have a friend and not you, correct?" Illumi asked, that emotionless expression forever on his face. "It's because she's female." Illumi explained.

"Anego..." Killua answered back, stealing once more glance at Katsumi as she stood perfectly still, her expression uncaring.

"Katsumi will never be head of the household. In truth, she probably shouldn't have been born." Illumi continued on, explaining Katsumi's story. "But the Zoldyck family took a chance and raised her. And when she showed promise, they granted her one thing for her efforts."

"Granted?" Killua asked, unsure.

"Katsumi asked to be friends with Kagome."

Silence followed as the applicants and examiners exchanged looks between the three Zoldyck's. Who knew that so much went on behind the families name.

Katsumi and Kagome stayed silent afterwards, they knew how their friendship had been formed and how it came to be. Even Kagome herself had worked hard to become an assassin, and if it wasn't for Zeno, she wouldn't  be allowed to enter the house, let alone the premises.

And then Illumi's announcement of his next move broke that awkward awkward silence.

"I'll have to kill Gon then." Illumi said as he then turned towards the door, ready to exit and kill the young boy.

"Aniki!" Katsumi's voice had suddenly rang out. Everyone looked over as Katsumi held a firm arm in front of Kagome, stopping her from going after Illumi. Even Hisoka was rather surprised that the oldest Zoldyck child, stopped in his tracks to hear his younger sister.

Illumi turned and faced Katsumi, the same expression on his face. But Katsumi knew, he was surprised.

"Hurry up and finish your fight Aniki." Katsumi said, surprising Killua. Had his own sister throw him to his death?

Illumi simply nodded in agreement to Katsumi, and had began to walk back towards Killua. It was then that Killua had forfeit his match, allowing Illumi to win.

"Why did you tell Illumi to continue his match?" Kagome asked from the side, the next about to start.

"To protect Gon."

"Ohh."

I'm sorry, Kil.