Chapter 33

Dresses above
____________________________________________________________

Between exercising, shopping, learning how to drive and other minor gang business, I was quite surprised when the night of the famous Black's party arrived.

Alice and Hannah were bubbling over the brim with excitement and chatting non stop while we were getting ready, I however, was filled with nothing but dread and worry. I didn't know how to react when meeting the other gangs and I was quite confused as to why no one was fretting over the fights that may occur tonight.

Also since the small vacation I haven't really seen Alice or Hannah because they have been hanging out with their boyfriends and going out on double dates leaving me thinking about maybe going and talking to Jayce. Some nights it got so bad that I found myself standing outside his door because I felt lonely.

This lead to the fact that Alice would be arriving with Blade, Hannah would be arriving with Andrew and I would be arriving with Jayce because it's 'easier'. Jayce and I will also be arriving first out of three because he is the gangleader, followed by Andrew who is second in command followed by Blade who is third.

This doesn't help with my worries because I'm afraid of falling on my face during arrivals or tripping on my dress, or hitting my head and ruining my hair as we get out the car, or accidentally flashing the cameraman and the list goes on!

"Stacey!" A loud voice brings me back down to earth scaring the shit out of me. "What?" I ask absentmindedly. "You have been staring at yourself in the mirror for a solid five minutes now without even touching your makeup. Don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen besides if something does... I'm sure Jayce will look after you." Alice states slyly making me blush Crimson.

Even though I have tried again and again to get that mans name and face out of my mind, the very mention of him and I together makes me go red. I hate the fact that he has this effect on me without even trying.

I grab my makeup trying my best to ignore the knowing stares I am getting from the girls and start applying it on my face. Recently I have gotten way better at doing my own face makeup without the help from Alice and now I don't even have to apply base to my scars because most of them are nearly gone and the ones that show remind me of what used to be and the fact that I survived that and I'm happy now.

When I was done I slipped on my dress and shoes before following Hannah and Alice downstairs to where we would find our dates but as we walked into the living room both Alice and Hannah rushed towards their dates leaving me confused as to where mine was.

As much as I love my friends, I can't help the wave of jealousy that washes over me as I hear the compliments and kisses given to one another while I stand there like an idiot waiting for Jayce to arrive.

Staring at the happy couples I imagine what it would be like if Jayce and I were together again and if I wasn't wearing so much makeup I probably would've had tears in my eyes however I couldn't let them see and feel bad for being happy because they have done nothing wrong. I wondered if he would wrap his arms around me like Andrew did to Hannah; or if he would kiss me as passionately as Blade did to Alice or if he would pull me as close as he did 7 months ago when I thought we could actually work.

"Stacey?" For the third time this week I jump a little at the deep voice behind me before turning around and staring at Jayce. As per usual he is as handsome as ever. His hair is combed back but still messy at the same time. His black suit is sleek and crisp but all I can think about is taking it off.

"Hey sorry I couldn't be here earlier, I had to take a phone call but you look absolutely beautiful." He said apologetically while very obviously running his eyes up and down my body as I had done a few seconds ago to him.

Feeling my blush come around I simply looked at the floor but looked up straight away because a finger had gently pushed it back up. Jayce stared at me as if he was staring into my soul. He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something however he was cut off by Andrews voice. "Okay everyone let's head to the cars."

Jayce clearly looked annoyed but nevertheless he closed his mouth and placed his hand on my back before leading me towards the car. My mind coming up with a whole bunch of different things he could've said. I decided that I would ask him in the car since each couple is going in different cars it would be more private.

Each of us got into our chosen cars, ours being a Bentley, before the engines started and we were on our way. The beginning was silence surrounding us and tension you could cut with a knife so I had to ask. "What were you going to say earlier before Andrew cut you off?"

He looked slightly startled at my voice however he covered it up quickly. "I was just going to say that you look cute when you blush." He said smirking at me while I feel myself blushing again and giving off a slight laugh.

"Don't worry tonight. Everything is safe and I will take care of you - if you want." I smiled at him and now it was his turn to blush a little at his quick add on. "Thank you. Uh is there anything I need to know before we enter?"

"Well firstly we will need to stop at different places for pictures to be taken while walking out the car also when we enter the door we have to greet Xavier, Ruby and Damon Black. I will introduce you and then we can enjoy ourselves. Also pre-warning, Damon is know for a flirty personality." He frown slightly at the end sentence making me wonder if this had to do with his previous fight with him or maybe it was that he didn't want Damon to flirt with me.

The car started to slow down causing my thoughts to halt for a second before I start to panic. "We're here." Jayce says from next to me. "Don't worry Stace. I'll be here the whole time." With that my door his door is opened and he steps out the car before walking around and opening my door.

This is it. I am going to fall. I am going to flash. I am going to hit my head.

And with those last thoughts I take the strong hand of Jayce Parker and step out the car.

Did you guys like the dresses? I had to go through so many before finding the perfect ones X/ I really hoped you guys loved it don't forget to like, comment and follow me on wattpad.

.