Eleven

August 27th
11:30pm-Pennsylvania time
8:30-California time

Harper sat at her desk, her yellow hoodie with pyjama shorts on and her hair still a little wet from the shower she had taken when she got home, her face natural as makeup wasn't something she wore often. Harper didn't feel the need to impress people, if they didn't like her for how she was/ how she looked than those weren't the people she wanted in her life. Although she followed that rule with everyone, the idea of Corbyn seeing what she looked like scared her a little, knowing that there was a chance he wouldn't like her the same after seeing her.

Sure she had some friends at school whom she sat with at lunch or chatted to in the hall, but none of them were her "best friends" or ones she could open up and trust with things that didn't involve school or anything much more personal than that. The girl had found it odd, that in only two weeks she had managed to find a best friend- something she had never really had before, and that was Corbyn, although they hadn't shared any of their deepest secrets with each other, she felt she could and that was already more than enough for her.

Her white and rose gold phone that stood, leaning on a pile of History and Geography text books started to ring, "Ocean eyes👀" popping up on the front. Although she had heard the boy talk in interviews and of course she had heard his voice in the boys music-Which she blasted all day during hell, always being able to pick up and sing along to all of Corbyn's lines- something made her smile at the fact that he was actually talking to her.

Sliding the answer button forward and watching the "connecting" circle appear her face was brought into a bigger smile when she saw his blonde hair and beautiful eyes pop up on her phone.

Corbyn had seen a lot of things- not many of which shocked him, but the sight on Harper made him stunned.

"Well, at least I know I was right"The first words Corbyn had even spoken to her left her a little confused to say the least.

"I told you I was sure you were beautiful, and you are" he smiled, causing the girls semi dark skin to heat up and turn a shade of pink.

"Oh Ocean eyes, you say the sweetest things to
me" Harper joked causing him to laugh.

"Are you face timing Harper?!" A boy yelled as he walked in about an hour into their FaceTime call. The two had gone on for a hour straight, talking about their days, when she worked next, when he traveled next, important things that were coming up- never a moment of awkwardness or silence shared, only smiles and laughs, along with some horrible Jokes that Corbyn had promised Harper he wouldn't make fun of her for, but he knew he would.

"Um- maybe" Corbyn said, his eyes looking up from hers but the smile never leaving his face. Harper couldn't see what happen next, but by the "oh boy" Corbyn whispered she could tell it wasn't what he wanted.

Within seconds three other voices piled into the room, all asking the same question;

"You're on FaceTime with Harper?!" Causing her to laugh as she could tell the four were the band mates she had been told so much about.

"Looks like I'm famous" She said flipping her hair causing Corbyn to let out a laugh, even in person she still acted like the queen she was and Corbyn loved it.

"Can we say hi?" One asked as all of them pushed into the small space of his bed so they could all fit in the frame.

"Noodles is jack, Rosy cheeks is Zach, tall one is Jonah and Blue eyes is Daniel" she said, taking a look at all their futures as she moved from guy to guy, in hopes she hadn't made a fool of herself in the process.

"You've done your homework" Corbyn told her causing her to spin around in her desk chair, letting out a small "yes" while she twirled around.

"The queen never gets it wrong" she winked causing all of them to chuckle in response, all the boys could see how he had befriended the girl so quickly, she was just as sassy, funny and out going as they were.

"Well, it's almost two am in Pennsylvania and I'm exhausted, goodnight guys" she smiled  telling Corbyn she'd text him in the morning before ending the call. She had talked to all five boys for another hour, cracking more jokes and telling them more things about herself, getting facts about the boys and Corbyn in return, only feeling closer to the blonde the more the two shared.

A slight frown took over Corbyn's face, he had guessed that they didn't live in the same time zone, but he had never guessed she lived all the way on the other side of the country, he had grown attached to someone so many miles away, and that alone was enough to leave him a little sad.

"Um, I love her" Daniel spoke up as his friends nodded in agreement.

"She's just like us, but probably funnier"

"And she got our names right" Jack said causing a chuckle to laugh while Corbyn stayed silent.

"Yeah she's amazing" Corbyn smiled, meeting his friends eyes. All four shared a look with each other, with a small eyebrow raised, knowing that they were all thinking.

"So pizza? I'm hungry"Corbyn cried standing up from his place on the bed, the poor boy was oblivious in the group of four boys who knew the truth.