Seventy-four

November 3rd
11:25am
New York City, New York

When Corbyn walked through the hotel door, the loud sobs of Harper rang through his ears causing his heart beat to pick up and anxiety to fill through him. Placing all the bags down as quickly as possible he ran through the short hall and into the bedroom where he saw her on the ground, crying like he had never seen anyone cry before.

"Baby? What happen?" Corbyn whispered as he dropped down next to her, causing her head to shoot up while more tears fell. Harper opened her mouth to speak, but only large sobs came out instead of words.

Although he was now sitting right in front of her, that he wasn't part of the crash on the news, she couldn't stop shaking- she couldn't stop crying.

Because for a moment her largest fear had come true- for a moment she had lost him and that was more heart breaking than anything else. Corbyn pulled the girl into his arms, his eyes almost filling with tears as he felt her shake on top of him.

"Shh" Corbyn whispered as he wrapped one of his arms around her tightly, the other one going up her back as he placed his hand on her hair, trying his best to calm her down. Moving with her still in his arms he stood up, sitting on the edge of the bed as he whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

"Y-you weren't a-answering and there was a c-crash on the news and I, you," Harper said, trying her best to hold herself together but failed as she sobbed throughout the sentence.

The blonde boy moved his hands from her sides to her tear stained cheeks and made Harper look at him.

"My phone died okay? Im safe, I'm not going anywhere and If I do, Ill always come right back to you okay? Look at me babygirl, I'm okay" Corbyn whispered before connecting his lips with hers as she nodded her head, her noes brushing up against his as Harper wrapped her still slightly shaking arms around his neck.

"Im never leaving you Harper Wallace" Corbyn whispered against her lips before she reconnected them into a kiss again. 

Sometimes you don't really and truly understand how much someone means to you until you feel as if you've lost them. Today was the day Harper learned just how dependent on Corbyn she was. Corbyn was her complete life and as long as she could help it- it would always be him by her side. He was what she wanted, forever.

"I love you Corbyn Besson" Harper whispered a few hours later as the two laid in bed, her head on his chest as his heartbeat took over half of her hearing while her fingers traced shapes on his hoodie covered chest.

"I love you so much more Harper Wallace" Corbyn whispered back, picking up her hand and placing a kiss on her palm- causing her whole stomach to erupt in butterflies.